Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Disco Sport struggled to start the other day but did actually start. Once it did I noticed the check engine light. Assumed it was just gona be sum misfires when I hooked up the ODB but I actually got all these codes...

P0011: "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 1
P0016: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor A)
P0017: Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (Bank 1 Sensor B)
P052A: Cold Start "A" Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced Bank 1
P0341: Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 or Single Sensor
P228F: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Learning Limits - Too High
P228C: Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Control Limits - Pressure Too Low

I just barely bought this car 6 months ago. Ive only put 3000 miles on it. When I got the car I purchased it with an extended warranty thru Veritas Protection. I've called acouple local Rover mechanic shops and they both said "with codes like that you should take it to a Land Rover Dealer" - I'm assuming that's not a good thing. I called the closest Jaguar Dealership and was told they were changing ownership and need to get situated first and would call me back in a day or two. I called them yesterday. Haven't got a call me today yet but still just wanted to see what you guys would say about this. I'm hoping whatever my car needs to get fixed is all covered under this warranty cuz if it ain't I'm really gona have a hard time paying for just about anything cuz money is super tight right now. Is this a timing issue? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
515 Posts
The engine has variable valve timing controlled by oil pressure via solenoids.
It is recommended to first check the oil level and other sites say to change the oil as well.

The engine is a 2 litre Ford ecoboost so you can look up information online to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I already checked the oil. It wasn't low but I still added sum. Did notice that the oil looks alittle dark so was thinking about doing a change but thought maybe I should just wait to take it to dealership cuz last thing I need is them saying I voided the warranty by screwing with it. It's been what, 4 days now and still haven't got a call from dealer. I'm gonna call them now. I'll get back to u guys with progress.

·
Super Moderator
515 Posts
Thanks, please get back. It maybe something that comes up for other owner, and it is strange.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have to get a hold of the dealership somehow. Sometimes they have long wait times to get your vehicle serviced. Try other dealers too.

Changing the oil shouldn't void the warranty, just keep the service receipts. I have never gotten the oil change at the dealership, it's too expensive for me. I take my car to lube shop, in and out in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:
I had to call a different dealer cuz the other one wasn't gttg back to me. Managed to get my car in there Friday afternoon just b4 closing. I was told my car won't be looked at until Monday 7am which is fine with me but wut I'm worried about is wut the JLR guy said as I was showing him my Veritas Protection (Extended Warranty) paperwork. He said that he's never heard of this company and by looking at my paperwork he sees alot of potential loop holes that might make it so that they won't have to pay for anything.
I can't believe this is happening. I finally treat myself to what I thought was a good car but come to find out isn't. As I spend more and more hours on the internet reading about peoples problems they've all been having with this vehicle I get more and more frustrated. I hope I can afford whatever the problem is.

·
Super Moderator
515 Posts
Alone1
Remember that most people on the internet only complain when there is a problem. If you take a look people post and despite being asked the results from the dealer never post again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts