Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2016 HSE, and am wondering if there are any long term issues to be concerned about. I had a 2010 LR2 that I had to replace the rear end on, so would like to know if there are any problems particular to this year/model. I'm contemplating buying an extended warranty that will kick in after the factory warranty expires next August. I can get a 4.5 year extended for about $2400 and wonder if it is worthwhile or not.
Would appreciate any and all input.
Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a 2016 as well and do not anticipate any major problems in the future so I never considered extra warranty, but for some owners it makes for better sleeping. If you buy the extra, add in the cost of the more intense maintenance needed to keep the warranty in effect and the deductibles most extended warranty impose. For most owners the most expensive item will be new brakes and they are not covered. But do think of the poor dealership and the person who sells the policy and all the money they make on the sale.>:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Recently bought a 2016 HSE, and am wondering if there are any long term issues to be concerned about. I had a 2010 LR2 that I had to replace the rear end on, so would like to know if there are any problems particular to this year/model. I'm contemplating buying an extended warranty that will kick in after the factory warranty expires next August. I can get a 4.5 year extended for about $2400 and wonder if it is worthwhile or not.
Would appreciate any and all input.
Thanks.
A bit late but make sure to save all your receipts from your maintenance like oil changes etc! When they try to stiff you with the extended warranty, you can just show them the paperwork that you stayed up-to-date and it's not your fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts