Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this issue on my 2015 DS. I think it was only one button that would not illuminate. Air recirculate button I think. Had to get a complete new module. Luckily I had purchased the LR extended warranty so I was not out of pocket for the repairs. I don’t know how the module works or how it’s designed but surely it is possible to repair/replace a single LED. Perhaps an independent workshop or auto electrician could check this out?
Thanks ****. It’s a car I bought privately and noticed the light issue a few days after buying it.
It’s going into Land Rover for a service soon so I’ll bring it up then.
With mine, all the backlights have gone on the air con/seats/air recirc buttons. So I’m still living in hope it’s just a dodgy connection or something “simple”!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any update, mine have gone out on the right side of the infotainment screen and the defrosters/seat heaters section of the center stack. (2016 HSE Lux)
Land Rover said it needs a compete new unit.
Bloody stupid for just some lights gone.
Quoted ~$950AUD for the part - $1,300 all in fitted.
This is the Aircon / heated seat section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been looking on eBay here in the US, the prices for those are similarly expensive here while on eBay they are much better. I am just concerned I will buy something with the same problem :)
That’s exactly my thoughts. There’s no way a second hand unit doesn’t have the same issue.
I also notice they aren’t all the same.
Example: Some have the heated windscreen button. Some have the seats for heating/cooling button and mine has the CD/DVD player where a lot don’t.
So if you decide to go second hand then make sure it is the exact same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I broke down and bought one off eBay, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Then I have to figure out how to remove old/install new. Have you seen any video of photos of someone doing this or something similar on the center stack? Have you moved forward?
Try this link

I haven’t gone any further forward with it.
A button next to the screen has just gone on mine this week do I’ll get those changed at the same time as the temperature control module at some point.

Let us know how you get on and 🤞🏻 the eBay one is okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts