Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone come to a conclusion with the lights failing? Or is it, as mentioned, a complete new module?
I had this issue on my 2015 DS. I think it was only one button that would not illuminate. Air recirculate button I think. Had to get a complete new module. Luckily I had purchased the LR extended warranty so I was not out of pocket for the repairs. I don’t know how the module works or how it’s designed but surely it is possible to repair/replace a single LED. Perhaps an independent workshop or auto electrician could check this out?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks ****. It’s a car I bought privately and noticed the light issue a few days after buying it.
It’s going into Land Rover for a service soon so I’ll bring it up then.
With mine, all the backlights have gone on the air con/seats/air recirc buttons. So I’m still living in hope it’s just a dodgy connection or something “simple”!
Fingers crossed mate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That’s exactly my thoughts. There’s no way a second hand unit doesn’t have the same issue.
I also notice they aren’t all the same.
Example: Some have the heated windscreen button. Some have the seats for heating/cooling button and mine has the CD/DVD player where a lot don’t.
So if you decide to go second hand then make sure it is the exact same.
I‘m not an auto electrician so just making some educated guesses here. There would be LED bulbs on a circuit board and some have failed. I wouldn’t think that this would be unrepairable. However the dealer is not prepared to do such a fiddley job as it would cost way too much in labour as the dealer charges for this are higher than an independent mechanic. Going from your post they are charging $350 labour. If the board can be removed and checked by an auto electrician or even an a TV/electronics repair place, then maybe the bulbs can be replaced. Otherwise if it’s a cracked board then yeah, new one required. it would be worth checking out an independent mechanic or auto electrician.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts