Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 disco sport Hse is turning out to be a piece of crap. 5 weeks ago amber engine management light came on, 3 weeks ago spent £2000 on new egr valve and dpf filter 1 week ago car tells me dpf is nearly full so take it for a 20 min drive then finally today it’s got another amber light telling me it’s only got 2 wheel drive. Should I set it on fire 🔥

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2017 disco sport Hse is turning out to be a piece of crap. 5 weeks ago amber engine management light came on, 3 weeks ago spent £2000 on new egr valve and dpf filter 1 week ago car tells me dpf is nearly full so take it for a 20 min drive then finally today it’s got another amber light telling me it’s only got 2 wheel drive. Should I set it on fire 🔥
Sorry to hear that, Ahrby. But the good news is that the issue is a well-known one. Please search here or UK discovery sports forum. I ordered an OEM part and let my mechanic replaced the part. Not a very difficult job. It looks like you live in UK so you can order it easily.

BTW, I suspect the root cause would be 'not' activating 4WD mode much. If we don't activate it much, some oil or lube in the part could be clogged, leading to the malfunction. Since then, I turn on the terrain mode sometimes. Just my guess.

·
Super Moderator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
562 Posts
Did you check to see what code is coming up with a SCANNER.

The car always starts in AWD and the Haldex unit is used in several manufacturers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts