Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My 2017 discovery sport has 13k miles on it. Recently saw this message "2 wheel drive only traction reduced" and took it dealer.

1st trip to LR dealer: they fixed it, drove 2 miles after repair, saw the same error again.
2nd trip to dealer: drove 20 miles after repair, message came again.
scheduled for 3 appointment to LR dealer

Caution! Terrain Response System is not functional. On-road and off-road performance may be affected depending on the cause of failure. (This appeared in center screen)

Did anyone faced this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Wow, this is new.
Sounds like the electrical or mechanical link to the rear axle is faulty.
Your dealer service staff appear not to have the ability to diagnose and repair.
You may need to ask the service manager to escalate this to their national service inquiry or a regional master service tech.

I had this happen on my '16 DS with the TCU (SOS communications module) - many times and finally the service manager contacted the national service dept and had the part flown in from the UK.
After that, the issue has not resurfaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same warning .....land Rover quoted £1500 to fit a new Haldex motor as they said it was broken

pump was clogged up with foul boggy oil....cleaned a low a behold problem solved ....cost £31 for Haldex oil ! 32,000 miles 2016 HSE Black

·
Super Moderator
368 Posts
Looking at how dirty it was I wonder if it may be something that should be drained and refilled on a regular schedule .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just replaced it with a new aftermarket oil pump with a local repair shop. I shoulda checked this earlier. I will keep the faulty original part, try to clean it up, and save it for a later use. I will share more details how I got the part from aftermarket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
By the way if you look at the 4x4 display ....in normal mode the disco is always in two wheel drive. The Unlocked icon confirms this and by selecting some of the special programs you can see when 4 wheel drive is actually engaged fully or partially

·
Registered
37 Posts
By the way if you look at the 4x4 display ....in normal mode the disco is always in two wheel drive. The Unlocked icon confirms this and by selecting some of the special programs you can see when 4 wheel drive is actually engaged fully or partially
I believe unlocked center differential doesn't mean that 4x4 isn't used though. In other words, locked center differential means that the power is evenly distributed to the front and the rear as far as I know. It does not necessarily mean that 0% of power goes to the front. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I asked Land Rover and they told me that in normal mode 100% of thr drive goes to the front wheels. Which is why the front tyres wear so quickly

·
Registered
37 Posts
I asked Land Rover and they told me that in normal mode 100% of thr drive goes to the front wheels. Which is why the front tyres wear so quickly
That might be true. DS comes with AWD that the system automatically operates. What I wanted to say is that unlocked differential doesn't always mean 2WD. Some AWD cars split 20% rear and 80% front in normal road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts