Discovery Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I should be getting my DS HSE this week. It was quoted with LR 10 speaker Audio 190w, so im expecting this to be installed. Ive been wondering if the speakers on this 190w are any good, would it be possible to upgrade 190w to meridian 380w without CCF file modification (in other words would a meridian style amp be plug and play upgradable?) in this case, could i keep the same twitters and speakers and get decent sound? or would i have to upgrade the all the tweeters and speakers as well?
Has anybody identified and compared part numbers between these two systems?

Also does anyone with the 190w system know if adding a sub requires any CCF mods? or is it just plug and play?

Thanks for any help. Ill be adding info as soon as i get the car and have some time to take apart some door panels.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the 11 speaker 250W system (step below Meridian system) with subwoofer in my HSE lux.
I'm telling you that, while the 11 speakers sound ok, the sub is a complete joke. It's undetectable. It's so weak that I opened a case with LR USA to have them prove that they actually installed a subwoofer, that I paid for, in our vehicle. Sure enough it's there, it's just utterly useless.

If you want some bumps, add an aftermarket sub and amp. Don't waste time or money on a factory sub and amp. You've been warned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 11 speaker 250W system (step below Meridian system) with subwoofer in my HSE lux.
I'm telling you that, while the 11 speakers sound ok, the sub is a complete joke. It's undetectable. It's so weak that I opened a case with LR USA to have them prove that they actually installed a subwoofer, that I paid for, in our vehicle. Sure enough it's there, it's just utterly useless.

If you want some bumps, add an aftermarket sub and amp. Don't waste time or money on a factory sub and amp. You've been warned.
Ok thanks, good to know... i still havent decided an upgrade route, im still hoping for unbadged meridian 380w since thats what HSEs are supposed to have by default this year...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts