Discovery Sport Forum banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know what that sensor is for but I know that when my springs got installed they broke off all of the brake pad wear sensors, which sucked!
That's good to know, I'll make sure that they remove them before fitment. I was referring to a height sensor, though. They're commonly used on Land Rovers with EAS for the self-levelling. That's what tripped me up. But it makes perfect sense that they could/would be used for the levelling of the headlights.

If there's one in the front, too, it shouldn't affect the leveling of the headlights at all as long as both front and back are raised.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know what that sensor is for but I know that when my springs got installed they broke off all of the brake pad wear sensors, which sucked!
That's actually pretty funny.

I installed the Eibach lift kit myself and found that I didn't have many wear sensors in the first place! Either the local JLR dealer or the Halewood assembly plant workers were lazy and just installed one on the front right :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pics of my DS. Factory black 19 inch rims with 255 55 R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. I have also done a spring upgrade using Eibach Springs. Total lift is 60mm including tyres. Pics are taken on Moreton Island, Australia. All sand driving. The DS didn't even look like getting stuck even when the bigger Nissan Patrols were having a hard time :D. My wife is 170cm tall to give you an idea of height.
I live in the Washington State and wanted something to be able to go in sand, snow and dirt. I own a 2016 Disco Sport HSE Lux, 2-3-2 seater. Swapped the stock 20's and ended up buying 255/55/R18 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires and went with VOX Falco 18x8 for wheels. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pics of my DS. Factory black 19 inch rims with 255 55 R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. I have also done a spring upgrade using Eibach Springs. Total lift is 60mm including tyres. Pics are taken on Moreton Island, Australia. All sand driving. The DS didn't even look like getting stuck even when the bigger Nissan Patrols were having a hard time :D. My wife is 170cm tall to give you an idea of height.

Hey Nigmar,

Can I ask more about the lift springs? Did you have to get a full kit? Or were the springs enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Nigmar,

Can I ask more about the lift springs? Did you have to get a full kit? Or were the springs enough?

Thanks
There are about 5 different threads about the Eibach lift kit so have a look and there is loads of commentary. It's just the springs, that's all that is available. So you ride higher in the travel which is a bonus for off-road, loaded up, or towing but the ride is a little harsher in normal driving with not much weight in the car.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts