Discovery Sport Forum banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know what that sensor is for but I know that when my springs got installed they broke off all of the brake pad wear sensors, which sucked!
That's good to know, I'll make sure that they remove them before fitment. I was referring to a height sensor, though. They're commonly used on Land Rovers with EAS for the self-levelling. That's what tripped me up. But it makes perfect sense that they could/would be used for the levelling of the headlights.

If there's one in the front, too, it shouldn't affect the leveling of the headlights at all as long as both front and back are raised.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't know what that sensor is for but I know that when my springs got installed they broke off all of the brake pad wear sensors, which sucked!
That's actually pretty funny.

I installed the Eibach lift kit myself and found that I didn't have many wear sensors in the first place! Either the local JLR dealer or the Halewood assembly plant workers were lazy and just installed one on the front right :LOL:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pics of my DS. Factory black 19 inch rims with 255 55 R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. I have also done a spring upgrade using Eibach Springs. Total lift is 60mm including tyres. Pics are taken on Moreton Island, Australia. All sand driving. The DS didn't even look like getting stuck even when the bigger Nissan Patrols were having a hard time :D. My wife is 170cm tall to give you an idea of height.
I live in the Washington State and wanted something to be able to go in sand, snow and dirt. I own a 2016 Disco Sport HSE Lux, 2-3-2 seater. Swapped the stock 20's and ended up buying 255/55/R18 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires and went with VOX Falco 18x8 for wheels. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pics of my DS. Factory black 19 inch rims with 255 55 R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. I have also done a spring upgrade using Eibach Springs. Total lift is 60mm including tyres. Pics are taken on Moreton Island, Australia. All sand driving. The DS didn't even look like getting stuck even when the bigger Nissan Patrols were having a hard time :D. My wife is 170cm tall to give you an idea of height.

Hey Nigmar,

Can I ask more about the lift springs? Did you have to get a full kit? Or were the springs enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Nigmar,

Can I ask more about the lift springs? Did you have to get a full kit? Or were the springs enough?

Thanks
There are about 5 different threads about the Eibach lift kit so have a look and there is loads of commentary. It's just the springs, that's all that is available. So you ride higher in the travel which is a bonus for off-road, loaded up, or towing but the ride is a little harsher in normal driving with not much weight in the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys, is there anyone who had the Eibach springs fitted long enough to comment on reliability. I'm just curious, if anyone had any long term issues with CV joints, drive shafts, suspension bushes, etc.

After beaching my Disco on a sand dune last week, I'm seriously considering it. But it would be helpful to get some feedback from someone who's lived with it for a while before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had them installed since April 2019. Put about 25k miles on them. I've had NO trouble. I haul our 3000 lbs boat with about 250 lbs on the tongue quite a bit and it doesn't sag (I'm using the RedArc trailer brake). I take the thing off-road several time a year and the extra clearance makes all the difference! They do ride just a little 'sportier' than stock springs, but it's not bad. I would recommend an alignment when you get them put on. If you're actually taking this thing off road, even a little bit, I think it's worth the upgrade. I've also got 255/60 R18 Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires as well.

Hey Guys, is there anyone who had the Eibach springs fitted long enough to comment on reliability. I'm just curious, if anyone had any long term issues with CV joints, drive shafts, suspension bushes, etc.

After beaching my Disco on a sand dune last week, I'm seriously considering it. But it would be helpful to get some feedback from someone who's lived with it for a while before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had them installed since April 2019. Put about 25k miles on them. I've had NO trouble. I haul our 3000 lbs boat with about 250 lbs on the tongue quite a bit and it doesn't sag (I'm using the RedArc trailer brake). I take the thing off-road several time a year and the extra clearance makes all the difference! They do ride just a little 'sportier' than stock springs, but it's not bad. I would recommend an alignment when you get them put on. If you're actually taking this thing off road, even a little bit, I think it's worth the upgrade. I've also got 255/60 R18 Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires as well.
View attachment 7704
Thank you so much for the feedback. That's the push I needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the springs installed already and my first impressions are that the ride quality and high-speed performance is completely unaffected, I'd even go as far as saying it's better for anything less than perfect tarmac compared to OEM springs.

The job was done by the local official JLR service and they had a little difficulty accommodating the thicker and stiffer strings in the compressing brackets they have for factory ones, but managed to get it done in a day and a few hours the next morning - cost me a total of 250 euro for the install and alignment.

Will do some more testing and post more pictures of my build when I have the time, for now here's one from today's session:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the springs installed already and my first impressions are that the ride quality and high-speed performance is completely unaffected, I'd even go as far as saying it's better for anything less than perfect tarmac compared to OEM springs.

The job was done by the local official JLR service and they had a little difficulty accommodating the thicker and stiffer strings in the compressing brackets they have for factory ones, but managed to get it done in a day and a few hours the next morning - cost me a total of 250 euro for the install and alignment.

Will do some more testing and post more pictures of my build when I have the time, for now here's one from today's session:
View attachment 7705
Bargain!

The thing I notice most is speed bumps and pot holes on the road. As the shock extends you can definitely feel that you have less negative travel (unless the car is loaded up). It's not problematic or uncomfortable but you can tell it's not quite as smooth.

·
Registered
2016 SD4 SE
25 Posts
Agreed. I find mine just a little firmer than OEM but after a few thousand k's I don't notice it much anymore. I more notice the tyre noise from the BFG KO2's! The higher clearance is phenomenal though! I do LR Club trips in Sth East Qld and I can go everywhere the D4's can go, even with their airbags at full height. Just superb. So happy. Can't wait to get it on the beach once this stupid lockdown is over. Heading to Fraser Island in October
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
606 Posts
Agreed. I find mine just a little firmer than OEM but after a few thousand k's I don't notice it much anymore. I more notice the tyre noise from the BFG KO2's! The higher clearance is phenomenal though! I do LR Club trips in Sth East Qld and I can go everywhere the D4's can go, even with their airbags at full height. Just superb. So happy. Can't wait to get it on the beach once this stupid lockdown is over. Heading to Fraser Island in October View attachment 7750
Looks fantastic and I’m happy to hear about the improved off road performance. Dropping mine off to have the springs installed today. Good luck with the lockdowns, It’s kind of funny though, I keep seeing Aussies saying “when this is over”. It’s never going to be over until you guys start saying… ok, enough is enough. So good luck. 👍👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, Some amazing details here that ive been searching for an age for! So Im quite keen on keeping my current Rims which are the 20" that came with the car, If id bought it new id have opted for a smaller rim but the joys of a second hand purchase are your a bit stuck with what you get and i do love the look of the rim. Ive bounced through various forums and it seems that i may be pushing my friendship if i was to go to a PIRELLI SCORPION ALL TERRAIN PLUS 265/50R20 111T and may get some rubbing? does any one have any thoughts on this? ill be looking at getting the lift done shortly as well and i mainly will jsut be looking at using it to ahve some fun on Birubi beach locally or maybe heading north to fraser if we are ever allowed to go abck to QLD! my other concern is taht am i really going to be getting a big enough increase in contact patch to jsutify the new tyres? It jsut feels a waste to go putting other rims on the car. Also if anyone in the greater newcastle area on here can suggest a good shop to fit the springs it would be appreciated!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts