Discovery Sport Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just had my DS Lifted - Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 265/60/R18 going on next week. Anyone know if I can squeeze a set of 265/65/R18's on? View attachment 7436
265/60/R18 is the tallest you can fit without extensive trimming/cutting of the wheel wells and sheet metal, in addition to the nonexistent strut clearance. Even with a 30.5in tall tire, I still experience some rubbing at full lock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
265/60/R18 is the tallest you can fit without extensive trimming/cutting of the wheel wells and sheet metal, in addition to the nonexistent strut clearance. Even with a 30.5in tall tire, I still experience some rubbing at full lock.
Thanks for that! I'm going to have to work out if I can get some more strut clearance.... I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The lift and tyre combo look great! I would have done similar if mine had come with 18's. Have you had to use any spacers?

Also, the deflector things I've circled are super easy to remove - I found they contact a lot when driving in the sand and I was worried they would rip off or pull a larger part off or out of shape.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The lift and tyre combo look great! I would have done similar if mine had come with 18's. Have you had to use any spacers?

Also, the deflector things I've circled are super easy to remove - I found they contact a lot when driving in the sand and I was worried they would rip off or pull a larger part off or out of shape.
Thanks - I used a very thin spacer at the rear as there was a small amount of rub, but nothing at the front! How do I get rid of those deflectors? I HATE them!!!
On the spacers again, I may end up running a bigger set of spacers if it will allow me to fit a 265/65/18 tire on my DS!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks - I used a very thin spacer at the rear as there was a small amount of rub, but nothing at the front! How do I get rid of those deflectors? I HATE them!!!
On the spacers again, I may end up running a bigger set of spacers if it will allow me to fit a 265/65/18 tire on my DS!
Do you not get any rub at all on full lock at the front? That's cool. So a 1/4" spacer or something like that on the rear? If you go bigger again on the tyres do you think you'll still be able to carry a full spare?

If you lie on your back and look at those deflectors I think it is simply 2 screws, from memory. It was a 5 minute job and I remember being pleased that it was simple and that they weren't part of a bigger panel. I removed the plastic part and then replaced the screws.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you not get any rub at all on full lock at the front? That's cool. So a 1/4" spacer or something like that on the rear? If you go bigger again on the tyres do you think you'll still be able to carry a full spare?

If you lie on your back and look at those deflectors I think it is simply 2 screws, from memory. It was a 5 minute job and I remember being pleased that it was simple and that they weren't part of a bigger panel. I removed the plastic part and then replaced the screws.
I get a tiny bit of rub on full lock, but not enough to bother me! Im going to fit a WILCO Hitchgate or similar to carry the bigger spare, but it would probably fit. Thanks for sending me the info on how to remove the deflectors!

·
Registered
37 Posts
@AlphaMike07 That Disco looks sharp! You're running 265/60R18s, I take it? I have 5mm (3/16") spacers in the rear, just to space out the wheels that little bit more. How easy was it to install the lifted springs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
@AlphaMike07 That Disco looks sharp! You're running 265/60R18s, I take it? I have 5mm (3/16") spacers in the rear, just to space out the wheels that little bit more. How easy was it to install the lifted springs?
Thanks! Its taken a little bit of work and a bit more cash but its nowhere near finished to be honest! 5mm Spacers sound about right to be honest! I paid 650USD and it took the shop 7 hours to complete it - So I am guessing it is not the easiest job!

And yes, the tires are Falken Wildpeak AT3W's in 265/60R18. They seem to be great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone know the largest set up I can have for disco sport without a lift.

I currently have 235 55 19 and looking to change to 18 inch for better off-road capabilities

would 265 60 18 be the largest I could go?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone know the largest set up I can have for disco sport without a lift.

I currently have 235 55 19 and looking to change to 18 inch for better off-road capabilities

would 265 60 18 be the largest I could go?
Yes. If you can read, the more detailed answer you’re looking for would be the post at the top of this page.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just put 255 55 19 Cooper Zeon Ltz AT Tyres on my 19” wheels and they are a lot noisier than expected. They do look great though!

I originally was intending to find 18 wheels and 265 or 255 60 tyres but couldn’t find what I was looking for so went with the above. However due to the amount of noise coming from them, I am now going to keep my eye out for some 18s and then fit a tyre that is less noisy.

Has anyone experienced the same with Coopers and can reccomend a AT that is less noisy, or is only way to go to a HT?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have just put 255 55 19 Cooper Zeon Ltz AT Tyres on my 19” wheels and they are a lot noisier than expected. They do look great though!

I originally was intending to find 18 wheels and 265 or 255 60 tyres but couldn’t find what I was looking for so went with the above. However due to the amount of noise coming from them, I am now going to keep my eye out for some 18s and then fit a tyre that is less noisy.

Has anyone experienced the same with Coopers and can reccomend a AT that is less noisy, or is only way to go to a HT?
I know they're only a hybrid light truck tyre but I would still avoid putting LT tyres on a DS. They'll have extra steel in them that the DS doesn't need as it's so light. That stiff, heavy rubber will send a bit more vibration through the cabin and increase road noise. I put Grabber AT3's on mine and they've been great, only a slight increase in road noise from stock tyres and same spec and load rating as what you have on there. 18's would be good though!

101 - 115 of 115 Posts