Discovery Sport Forum banner

61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bit late in reply, but yes, no issues in putting tyres on prior to springs. In fact when the wheel alignment is done after the spring install, it'll work better to have the tyres on there too.

Did you get the work done yet? Happy with the setup?
Thanks for chiming in :)

Just dropped the car in for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ 255/55/19.

Have been dealing with a mechanical issue, which is delayed requiring parts from UK, so have delayed the springs until that's sorted... wouldn't want to provide an avenue for buck-passing.

Should hear back this afternoon if the fitment went well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for chiming in :)

Just dropped the car in for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ 255/55/19.

Have been dealing with a mechanical issue, which is delayed requiring parts from UK, so have delayed the springs until that's sorted... wouldn't want to provide an avenue for buck-passing.

Should hear back this afternoon if the fitment went well.
Fitment seems to have gone well. Tyre guy said it was real close front and back, but did fit, and if I wasn't going to get the lift, then he probably would have said no.

I think the stance is much improved. Looking forward to trying out for real off-road. Seems to have improved ride-quality. Not so harsh going over small bumps etc anymore.

Lift is about 15mm.

Speedo has more or less been corrected too... My speed was out by -6KM/hr before, now its only -2.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wheels are OEM 19 x 9. Tyres are 255/55R19

Hey man, I was reading through your post of the Cooper tires you put on the stock rims, is the Aussie disco sport same spec and North American and how are those tires over all I do a little bit of everything, Im not sure if you guys get snow or not but looking at getting these on the stock rim, they look awesome! thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pics of my DS. Factory black 19 inch rims with 255 55 R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. I have also done a spring upgrade using Eibach Springs. Total lift is 60mm including tyres. Pics are taken on Moreton Island, Australia. All sand driving. The DS didn't even look like getting stuck even when the bigger Nissan Patrols were having a hard time :D. My wife is 170cm tall to give you an idea of height.
Hi nigmar28,
Thanks for the valuable information shared! Im just starting my offroad adventures with my DS and want to be as informed as possible when it comes to mods and warranty etc..
Mine's an HSE TD4 DS 2016 - After becoming bellied out on the track way out of Bribie Island on Australia Day, Ive been searching for advice on exactly what you've done so I don't have to be as 'clearance concious' moving forward ! Ive spoken to Eibach last week to get this moving, sadly they're out of stock until March with the springs...
Your DS looks great with the lift, hope to see you offroad or on the beach in the future!
Side note - Graham at Land Rover Newstead kindly pointed me in your direction...
Cheers - Tim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice video we took climbing up from Oaky Beach, Murramarang NP with a Patriot X1 and ISI 4x4 4 bike carrier in tow, featuring the Cooper Zeons. Weight is <1.5T

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qacrjbfq98gi8bo/Climbing up from Oaky Beach, Murramarang NP.MOV?dl=0

Very competent. Didn't air down at all.

Haven't got the lift kit in yet.
How heavy is that trailer looked like it was pulling without much issue, I usually pull an ATV with some equipment (very little) on the trailer the rest of stuff packed in my car how did you find it and how was your gas milage after pulling, those tires look pretty awesome as well! I'm looking at getting a set come the spring to replace my summers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How heavy is that trailer looked like it was pulling without much issue, I usually pull an ATV with some equipment (very little) on the trailer the rest of stuff packed in my car how did you find it and how was your gas milage after pulling, those tires look pretty awesome as well! I'm looking at getting a set come the spring to replace my summers.
Trailer GVM is 1.5T and tare is 960KG. I carry 40L of diesel, and 140L of water in it, water was 50%, diesel was empty, so I estimate about 1.35T.

And yes, Disco didn't really care.

On the highway I use about 11-12 L/100KM pulling the full rig, which is why the extra 40L of diesel comes in handy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have been following this thread for a while and now have a set of these springs inbound.

Quick question are there any noticeable issues with the self levelling xenon headlights once installed? Will the system still adjust the level correctly at startup. If not is there any manual adjustments required/possible.

I have a HSE with adaptive headlights but from what I read all xenons may be self levelling.

Any experience you guys could share would be really appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi,

I have been following this thread for a while and now have a set of these springs inbound.

Quick question are there any noticeable issues with the self levelling xenon headlights once installed? Will the system still adjust the level correctly at startup. If not is there any manual adjustments required/possible.

I have a HSE with adaptive headlights but from what I read all xenons may be self levelling.

Any experience you guys could share would be really appreciated.

Dan
Good question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have just had the lift springs fitted to my DS. The lights seem fine so far without any adjustment. I havent had a opportunity to try out high beam too much yet... so not sure if there are any adjustments required for these.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless you are changing wheels/tyres for a non-standard size, you there is no need to adjust the speedo.
Right, but the tires that nigmar28 installed are 255/55R19 while the original were 235/55R19, so the speedo would show a slower speed because the tires are 3% larger in circumference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK so this is the response from Eibach regarding the springs on Adaptive Dynamics suspension:

"The technical department have responded with : although the springs will physically fit the vehicles with dampening control we have found the ride to be very hard with the Pro Lift Kit when the dampening setting is on firm."

I've responded by asking what the ride's like in normal mode (rather than dynamic/firm) and whether the system throws any error codes, they're going to chase up some people who've installed the springs on AD cars for some feedback for me - might take a while though.

Getting closer...
Hi Meddo,

did you ever get an answer to your follow-up question or did you fit the Eibach springs?
My Disco Sport is also equipped with the Adaptive Dynamics and I wan't to raise it with the Eibach kit...

Greets & thanks,
Hauser

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks,

I also have the Eibach Pro Lift kit installed in our HSE Luxury. (+ KO2's on 17" rims and Rival 4 mm protection).
I am happy so far, except of some strange noises which occasionaly occur (Turning wheel at slow speed, "klicking" noise on
small bumpers).

Greez, Caol

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
For the people that have the Eibach springs, is it a doable DIY job or would it be better to let the professionals handle the installation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My disco 5has 235/65/r19 Pirelli all weather tryes.I want off road tryes.Can I fit 255/55/r19? If so what modifications ,if any,do I need to make to the vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

Great thread - exactly what I have been looking for: we've just bought ourselves a DS as a "family adventure vehicle" - and will (from my experience with a Freelander) need a bit of a lift to prevent bottoming out on little trips off road.

It's now 1 or 2 years since some of you guys fitted their lift kits: what is the experience with them? All good? :)

61 - 80 of 127 Posts