Discovery Sport Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. New to the forum, and I just purchased a 2017 LR Discovery sport. I want to bring over my amp and sub that I had in my previous car. The information on how to install it is very limited in my online searches. The most reputable audio install places around me in Cleveland won't touch it, and recommend that I do not add the amp and subs to the factory system, they say it'll cause major major problems for the whole car? Best buy said they can do it, but I don't trust a bunch of high school kids tearing into my land rover. Did you have a successful install? All I want to do is keep the mids and highs to the 11 factory speakers, and have the bass come from the subs, this workout out very well in my previous higher end mustang sounds system. I was wondering and hoping you can show me, guide me on how you did it. I already bought and rockford fosgate amp kit and a r f line output converter.
My direct email is [email protected]
Thank you!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Roland,

My tuningshop installed an Amp under the driver seat and Sub in the back. Its a kicker two times 10" sub.

I truly don't know how they did it but it was there first Disco ever.

Under the steering wheel on the right in the mid console they screwed the Bass knob (I don't know how to translate it to English). Fully open and your mirrors are shaking from the bass, turn it down and the sub doesn't give any bass.

Everything still works fine, no problems with my sound system what so ever.

Hopefully this helps.

MrWer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Theres been a couple hints regarding people wanting to install a sub in their Disco Sport but haven't seen anyone do it yet. My 17 SE upgraded stereo lacked a bottom end so I decided to have a talk with service and pursue a simple sub install. Here's what I came up with.

Amp: Alpine 300w Class D monoblock MRV-M500
Sub: Pioneer 10" Shallow Mount TS-SW2501S2|S4
Box type: Sealed .3cu ft fiberglass enclosure w/ 3/4" MDF baffle
Box location (factory sub, passenger cargo area)
Wiring: 4ga power, 12ga speaker

OEM speaker wires to tap:
Driver FL Bass
+ White / Violet
- White / Orange

Driver FR Bass
+ White
- White / Brown

I'm not extremely satisfied with the Pioneer 10" but for 60 bucks on Amazon, what do you expect? I might upgrade to a Dayton Audio DVC 10" if it'll fit within the Q numbers of my tiny box.

Power wire ran to the battery. Hidden under the OEM cowl

Power wire poked through the OEM cluster master Cylinder grommet Ran through loom for foot protection and chase the driver kick panel.

Wire continues to run in the OEM harness chase to under the driver seat

Speaker level input tapped from the front mid-bass drivers. Soldered, tapped and zip tied. Color codes listed above.

Bass Knob wiring ran behind the center console shelf. Phone cord tied tightly and ran under the carpet using the factory harness chase.

Bass Knob double side tapped in hidden view

Speake wire ran to the back using the OEM chase. This one was a bit tricky. You can see the 12ga romex I used as a pull. After it wraps around the spare tire well to the rear cargo area. No panels pulled which was nice.

Factory Amp location under the driver seat. The Alpine Class D sits nicely next to it. Only suspended by open cell foam for noise. This amp runs cool so am not worried about heat issues.

Box area tapped for glass mold.

Initial mold made. I re-fitted the mold again and glassed 3 additional layers for strength.

Front baffle cut and fiberglassed to the existing box.

Do you have any pictures of the wire leads you tapped? installing a sound system in my 2017 disco, haven't torn everything apart yet, but making sure I have the right leads is the most daunting part!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts