Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
This exact same thing has happened to me this weekend, less than 5 years old, 78,000 miles on clock, engine oil critically low light came on, four miles down the road bought engine oil and filled up. light stayed on after resumed driving, got home in ‘limp‘ mode, garage has said up to £13,000 for new engine. How can you have less than 5 minutes from light going on to car being destroyed? Not sure what to do now.
Hi Sarah,
What happened with your problem in the end ? I have a 2015 Evoque TD4 HSE, Critical oil level warning came on, stopped, plenty of oil, did another service anyway, message went away, 1 week later engine dies. Now the dealer want 18K euros for a new engine, turbo and 4 pages of other parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, the oil critically low light came up and a few hundred yards later the engine went, it is our second engine, first one went at two years, second at four and a half years. I am hoping LR will cover the cost, the warranty was six months out.
Hi Anne,
What happened with your problem in the end ? I have a 2015 Evoque TD4 HSE, Critical oil level warning came on, stopped, plenty of oil, did another service anyway, message went away, 1 week later engine dies. Now the dealer want 18K euros for a new engine, turbo and 4 pages of other parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

My evoque showed Critical Oil level, however, my mechanic says that the car does NOT have an Oil Level sensor, ONLY an oil PRESSURE sensor. So when the cars says you have no oil, it actually means that there is little oil PRESSURE. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. My engine had plenty of oil in it, when it destroyed itself.

Mine is in spain and both the dealer and Land Rover Spain refuse to help at all. Zero help. I have recently joined a facebook group of affected Jaguar and Land Rover Owners. We are not alone. They know of these problems and keep sweeping it under the rug.

Apparently, there are some new bosses in charge now, with a view to help around 100,000 affected customers. Lets hope something comes of it, because i do not have 18,000 Euros for the repair work.

One of the most serious issues with these engines is the DPF exhaust filter. If you do lots of short trips like i do, the exhaust filter gets filled up and the car injects FUEL into the exhaust to increase its temperature to burn out (clean) the filter, some of this fuel, then ENTERS BACK INTO OUR ENGINE, DILUTING THE OIL. Its called 'Oil Dilution'. Land Rovers only resolution about this was to change the owners handbook to state that 'engine service intervals will depend on your driving style', rather than x miles or 12 months.

Its disgusting.

If anyone wants to get in touch with me, im on whatsapp on 0034 608 13 77 03.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts