19 inch Rims with AT Tyres and Spring Lift - Page 7 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 89 Old 12-06-2017, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTTTT View Post
Bit late in reply, but yes, no issues in putting tyres on prior to springs. In fact when the wheel alignment is done after the spring install, it'll work better to have the tyres on there too.

Did you get the work done yet? Happy with the setup?
Thanks for chiming in

Just dropped the car in for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ 255/55/19.

Have been dealing with a mechanical issue, which is delayed requiring parts from UK, so have delayed the springs until that's sorted... wouldn't want to provide an avenue for buck-passing.

Should hear back this afternoon if the fitment went well.

MY2017 5+2 HSE TD4 180
post #62 of 89 Old 12-07-2017, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stux View Post
Thanks for chiming in

Just dropped the car in for a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ 255/55/19.

Have been dealing with a mechanical issue, which is delayed requiring parts from UK, so have delayed the springs until that's sorted... wouldn't want to provide an avenue for buck-passing.

Should hear back this afternoon if the fitment went well.
Fitment seems to have gone well. Tyre guy said it was real close front and back, but did fit, and if I wasn't going to get the lift, then he probably would have said no.

I think the stance is much improved. Looking forward to trying out for real off-road. Seems to have improved ride-quality. Not so harsh going over small bumps etc anymore.

Lift is about 15mm.

Speedo has more or less been corrected too... My speed was out by -6KM/hr before, now its only -2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeon Frontal.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	6449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeon Front Wheel Arch.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	6457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeon side view.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	6465   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM Rear Height.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	6473   Click image for larger version

Name:	OEM Front Height.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	6481  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeon Front Height.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	6489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeon Rear Height.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	6497  
guthrie likes this.

MY2017 5+2 HSE TD4 180
post #63 of 89 Old 12-20-2017, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigmar28 View Post
Wheels are OEM 19 x 9. Tyres are 255/55R19

Hey man, I was reading through your post of the Cooper tires you put on the stock rims, is the Aussie disco sport same spec and North American and how are those tires over all I do a little bit of everything, Im not sure if you guys get snow or not but looking at getting these on the stock rim, they look awesome! thanks!

post #64 of 89 Old 12-21-2017, 11:24 PM

I believe where it matters they’re the same
post #65 of 89 Old 01-28-2018, 09:19 PM

Nice video we took climbing up from Oaky Beach, Murramarang NP with a Patriot X1 and ISI 4x4 4 bike carrier in tow, featuring the Cooper Zeons. Weight is <1.5T

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qacrjbfq98...%20NP.MOV?dl=0

Very competent. Didn't air down at all.

Haven't got the lift kit in yet.

MY2017 5+2 HSE TD4 180

Last edited by stux; 01-28-2018 at 09:21 PM.
post #66 of 89 Old 01-30-2018, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigmar28 View Post
Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share some pics of my DS. Factory black 19 inch rims with 255 55 R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. I have also done a spring upgrade using Eibach Springs. Total lift is 60mm including tyres. Pics are taken on Moreton Island, Australia. All sand driving. The DS didn't even look like getting stuck even when the bigger Nissan Patrols were having a hard time . My wife is 170cm tall to give you an idea of height.
Hi nigmar28,
Thanks for the valuable information shared! Im just starting my offroad adventures with my DS and want to be as informed as possible when it comes to mods and warranty etc..
Mine's an HSE TD4 DS 2016 - After becoming bellied out on the track way out of Bribie Island on Australia Day, Ive been searching for advice on exactly what you've done so I don't have to be as 'clearance concious' moving forward ! Ive spoken to Eibach last week to get this moving, sadly they're out of stock until March with the springs...
Your DS looks great with the lift, hope to see you offroad or on the beach in the future!
Side note - Graham at Land Rover Newstead kindly pointed me in your direction...
Cheers - Tim.
post #67 of 89 Old 01-30-2018, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stux View Post
Nice video we took climbing up from Oaky Beach, Murramarang NP with a Patriot X1 and ISI 4x4 4 bike carrier in tow, featuring the Cooper Zeons. Weight is <1.5T

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qacrjbfq98...%20NP.MOV?dl=0

Very competent. Didn't air down at all.

Haven't got the lift kit in yet.
How heavy is that trailer looked like it was pulling without much issue, I usually pull an ATV with some equipment (very little) on the trailer the rest of stuff packed in my car how did you find it and how was your gas milage after pulling, those tires look pretty awesome as well! I'm looking at getting a set come the spring to replace my summers.

J.Clarke
post #68 of 89 Old 02-02-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke View Post
How heavy is that trailer looked like it was pulling without much issue, I usually pull an ATV with some equipment (very little) on the trailer the rest of stuff packed in my car how did you find it and how was your gas milage after pulling, those tires look pretty awesome as well! I'm looking at getting a set come the spring to replace my summers.
Trailer GVM is 1.5T and tare is 960KG. I carry 40L of diesel, and 140L of water in it, water was 50%, diesel was empty, so I estimate about 1.35T.

And yes, Disco didn't really care.

On the highway I use about 11-12 L/100KM pulling the full rig, which is why the extra 40L of diesel comes in handy!

MY2017 5+2 HSE TD4 180
post #69 of 89 Old 03-14-2018, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi,

I have been following this thread for a while and now have a set of these springs inbound.

Quick question are there any noticeable issues with the self levelling xenon headlights once installed? Will the system still adjust the level correctly at startup. If not is there any manual adjustments required/possible.

I have a HSE with adaptive headlights but from what I read all xenons may be self levelling.

Any experience you guys could share would be really appreciated.

Dan
post #70 of 89 Old 03-14-2018, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslo7194 View Post
Hi,

I have been following this thread for a while and now have a set of these springs inbound.

Quick question are there any noticeable issues with the self levelling xenon headlights once installed? Will the system still adjust the level correctly at startup. If not is there any manual adjustments required/possible.

I have a HSE with adaptive headlights but from what I read all xenons may be self levelling.

Any experience you guys could share would be really appreciated.

Dan
Good question.

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page