19 inch Rims with AT Tyres and Spring Lift - Page 2 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 89 Old 02-09-2017, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Really nice gives it a different look for sure. I like the way it sits.

2017 Santorini Black, Dynamic Design Package with white interior, cold weather package, upgraded audio.
post #12 of 89 Old 02-16-2017, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigmar28 View Post
Wheels are OEM 19 x 9. Tyres are 255/55R19
Mine are 20's and as far as I can tell by my measurments, they are 20x9. But everything I find online says they are 20x8 or 20x8.5. But there's no way they can be 20x8. I need to have at least 9" wide wheels to fit the 275/45R20. I guess I just need to take it in and see what the tire shop comes up with on the width.

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!
post #13 of 89 Old 02-16-2017, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDisco View Post
Mine are 20's and as far as I can tell by my measurments, they are 20x9. But everything I find online says they are 20x8 or 20x8.5. But there's no way they can be 20x8. I need to have at least 9" wide wheels to fit the 275/45R20. I guess I just need to take it in and see what the tire shop comes up with on the width.
Pretty sure yours will be 20 x 9. (see link)

Have a look around this site. I used this as a guide when looking to buy my tyres.
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whe...cl=50mm&sr=0mm

Just update the specs to suit your application.

I have just checked online and it says that mine are only 8inch but I measured the rim and it was definitely 9 inch. Confusing ehh?

2015 HSE Lux 5 + 2 .Black Pack. 19" Wheels 255/55R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. Eibach Raised Springs. 3rd Row Seats Removed - Underfloor Storage.

post #14 of 89 Old 02-16-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Actually just checked my notes.....mine are definitely 19 x 8. Duhh

2015 HSE Lux 5 + 2 .Black Pack. 19" Wheels 255/55R19 Cooper LTZ Tyres. Eibach Raised Springs. 3rd Row Seats Removed - Underfloor Storage.
post #15 of 89 Old 03-22-2017, 05:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can you clarify for me one thing, from my limited knowledge, when it comes to rasing the ride, you need to change both the springs and suspensions (shock absorbers), did you?
post #16 of 89 Old 03-29-2017, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanv View Post
Can you clarify for me one thing, from my limited knowledge, when it comes to rasing the ride, you need to change both the springs and suspensions (shock absorbers), did you?
Only the springs in this case. The lift isn't high enough to warrant changing the struts and shockies. Plus I haven't found anyone offering a raised strut or shock. All seem to be lowered. I can have them custom made through Bilstein but am not in a hurry.

post #17 of 89 Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Only the springs in this case. The lift isn't high enough to warrant changing the struts and shockies. Plus I haven't found anyone offering a raised strut or shock. All seem to be lowered. I can have them custom made through Bilstein but am not in a hurry.
Hey nigmar28, I'm in Brissy and looking to do some island-hopping when I receive my DS, and your setup looks like a good one to be inspired by. I assume you don't have the adaptive dynamics on your vehicle? The DS that I've got ordered will have AD so unsure whether the springs will work on that configuration - do you have any idea whether they would or not?

Also do you have any idea if LR in Aus are likely to give you any grief in regards to general warranty issues with those springs fitted?

Thanks mate,
post #18 of 89 Old 05-11-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddo View Post
Hey nigmar28, I'm in Brissy and looking to do some island-hopping when I receive my DS, and your setup looks like a good one to be inspired by. I assume you don't have the adaptive dynamics on your vehicle? The DS that I've got ordered will have AD so unsure whether the springs will work on that configuration - do you have any idea whether they would or not?

Also do you have any idea if LR in Aus are likely to give you any grief in regards to general warranty issues with those springs fitted?

Thanks mate,
Hi Meddo,
Welcome to the DS family!
Mine doesn't have the AD so it was a relatively easy spring upgrade. (I specifically went this way so I could lift my DS). I think yours will be a completely different kettle of fish! Because the AD uses active dampers and sensors I think you will have a hard time finding an application that will work. I would think you will throw codes all over the place. I could be wrong but from past experience I think you will be very limited to what you can do.

Maybe just a simple tire upgrade is on the cards, as I found the tires wanting in some situations.

LR have said that the components associated with the lift i.e springs and oe dampers are not covered under warranty. Also if there is a (proven) direct link to any failure due to the lift they will not cover it. Understandable as I have changed their engineering.

When do you pick up your DS? I'm always open to a beach trip

post #19 of 89 Old 06-05-2017, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Hi Meddo,
Welcome to the DS family!
Mine doesn't have the AD so it was a relatively easy spring upgrade. (I specifically went this way so I could lift my DS). I think yours will be a completely different kettle of fish! Because the AD uses active dampers and sensors I think you will have a hard time finding an application that will work. I would think you will throw codes all over the place. I could be wrong but from past experience I think you will be very limited to what you can do.

Maybe just a simple tire upgrade is on the cards, as I found the tires wanting in some situations.

LR have said that the components associated with the lift i.e springs and oe dampers are not covered under warranty. Also if there is a (proven) direct link to any failure due to the lift they will not cover it. Understandable as I have changed their engineering.

When do you pick up your DS? I'm always open to a beach trip
Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my new DS won't be here until mid-August most likely - the build was supposed to be completed last week so now we wait for the slow-boat from England to arrive...

So far I haven't been able to find anyone with actual experience of raising or lowering an Adaptive Dynamics DS. There are a few forum posts around from people saying that they were going to or just had done the mod, but no one has followed up or are still active.

From doing a bit of Googling it seems like some other Magneride vehicles (Evoques and BMWs mostly) are compatible with either Eibach or H&R spring changes so I'm still somewhat hopeful here, I've just flicked an email to Eibach Australia so hopefully they can give me a straight answer.

Do you mind telling me which ARB branch and LR dealership you've been dealing with? It would be good to have a chat to some people who've been involved in the process. I'm purchasing through the Brisbane City (Newstead) dealership which has fairly mixed reviews in terms of helpfulness...

Thanks mate,
post #20 of 89 Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thought i'd better join the forum and say how great it is to see a DS set up to tackle more than bitumen. Really nice nigmar! I've been holding off Moreton trips and one to Fraser in the past year, simply because mine is not ready for it. Have done several beach runs and a few light tracks, but I don't want to wreck the 20 inch tyres/rims I have on the car at present. Will be purchasing some 17 or 18 inch rims soon, as offroad wheels and now will be adding a light spring lift to the equation. You've given me inspiration to get off my butt and get it sorted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page