LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Tires Question

Hey all

Shopping for some tires... nothing wrong with the stock ones, but I want to put on some with more aggressive thread. I'd like to stay away from specifically designed "snow tires" and not even considering studded tires... but I want something that's a bit more grippy on slippery surfaces than the stock Pirellis. I'd probably put these back on in the spring... Ideas? Anyone done a switchout and have some photos to share?
post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2016, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
I love my stock OEM continental cross contacts that came with the DS.

It is very similar to my Continental DWS (now it's called -'06) for better grip in a wet, snow, and light ice conditions my BMW X5 diesel goes thru.

I ditched the stock run flat BMW tires as soon as I got them and have been driving the Continental DWS for 3 years now and loving them.
I had the Conti DWS when I had the BMW 335d as well and loved the grip, quiet ride, and softer sidewall than the stiff RFT.

The DWS tires are great - the tread has the letters in different depths to indicate condition to drive.
In the rubber and when you can see all the letters -DWS then it can go anywhere - dry, wet, snow. When it wears down and you can only read DW then it is wet and dry rated. When you can only see D then it is dry pavement only and time to change out....

Try Tire Rack online and see what they suggest - they have a huge selection of great all seasons.

Here are my Conti DWS on 20" BMW rims:

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2016, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I had Goodyear Duratracs on my Jeep and loved them. They were quiet on the highway and great on the beach. Not sure they come in the size for a Disco.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-31-2016, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stzombie... Curious if you settled on tires for your Disco. I'm asking the same question now, for my Disco with 18" wheels.

Last edited by discofever; 08-31-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page