Wanting more agressive wheels...on stock 19s - Page 2 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 10-29-2018, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yeah definitely no need for off-road tires in South Florida. No trails and no snow.
post #12 of 17 Old 10-31-2018, 01:51 PM

Did you get the shipping quote?
post #13 of 17 Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamil View Post
Don't want to offend anyone who has BFG's and likes them, but I wish I'd never fitted them to my DS. The KO2s are a very good off-road tire, but it is that very toughness that makes them unsuitable for a lightweight soft roader like the DS IMHO. The tire fitter did warn me they weren't really suitable for my car, but I got them anyway. But turns out he was right - they were difficult to balance (the DS is very sensitive to rotating mass even a little out of balance), noisy on the road, have killed my MPG, and have a very stiff sidewall so give an uncomfortable ride.

I now wish I'd got something a little less hardcore, with an aggressive tread that looks the biz and can take a bit of off-road, but a lighter and more flexible carcass that's more suitable for a car like the DS.
Do you have another tire that you would rather have?

post #14 of 17 Old 11-02-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
I may be interested if these 18s are still available.
Im in Northern CA. Zip code: 94588 Can you check estimated shipping cost?
-Thanks

I sent the shipping quote on Monday. Email me at [email protected] if you are still interested. This website is terrible for communicating.
post #15 of 17 Old 11-02-2018, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARbasedLR View Post
Do you have another tire that you would rather have?
No, my current solution is that I've put the original wheels with road tires (Goodyear Wranglers) back on, and only use the BFGs when I'm heading off road.
post #16 of 17 Old 11-04-2018, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm also looking for some all terrain tires for my DS and considering the KO2's. Mamil, when you say it "killed my MPG", can you be a bit more specific? I'm currently getting around 21 MPG (which is significantly better than the 14MPG I got on my old LR3). When you say uncomfortable ride, what are you experiencing? When you say noisy, how much - can you compare it with some other all terrain tires you've used in the past?

It's probably all relative. It's hard to believe that Land Rover would build a vehicle that is great for some off road driving, but can't be fitted with some good all terrain tires like the KO2's?

Anybody else out there with KO2's on their vehicle - or for that matter any other good all terrain tire - that can comment on how the vehicle drive on the highway?
post #17 of 17 Old 11-05-2018, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by affieplaas View Post
I'm also looking for some all terrain tires for my DS and considering the KO2's. Mamil, when you say it "killed my MPG", can you be a bit more specific? I'm currently getting around 21 MPG (which is significantly better than the 14MPG I got on my old LR3). When you say uncomfortable ride, what are you experiencing? When you say noisy, how much - can you compare it with some other all terrain tires you've used in the past?

It's probably all relative. It's hard to believe that Land Rover would build a vehicle that is great for some off road driving, but can't be fitted with some good all terrain tires like the KO2's?

Anybody else out there with KO2's on their vehicle - or for that matter any other good all terrain tire - that can comment on how the vehicle drive on the highway?

I lose about 3MPG with the KO2s, but direct comparisons with what you get are difficult as I have the diesel engine.
The side walls are very tough on the KO2s so the ride is stiffer and steering less compliant.
Distinct rumble at between 30 and 50 mph, but no worse than other 'hard core' A/T tires I've experienced.

In summary, in my experience putting KO2s (or any other brand of hard core A/T tire for that matter) on a DS compromises some of its car-like handling qualities. If you are aware of this but still need/want them then by all means go for it, they certainly handle the rough stuff well, and look the biz.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page