Discovery Sport Forum banner

Ticking noise from back

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  pekoddity 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Another rattle package issue here.

Is there anyone who had a similar noise like this constant ticking noise?

(radio off)
(radio on)

I can hear the noise even with the radio on. Is this coming from tailgate or second-row seat?

P.S. I am pretty much done with the b-pillar ticking issue. I will just try to fix it by myself when the warranty is over. I thought it was fixed eventually, but it started to happen again and again.

#5 ·
I am not sure about the tape. Mine was a quick fix attempt and it has worked for 3 years now. I still have a noise like wire rattles above the front centre of the headlining. The dealers have had 2 chances to fix it and failed miserably. It is a pity that such a good vehicle should be spoiled by rattles and leaks.

#6 ·
I'm sure rattles are part of the deal with the Disco Sports. It's a reminder of the LR heritage, a farm vehicle! JLR wanted to cut out my B pillars, pull out the interior lining, and re-weld them back again and re-spray, no thanks! After three years something must have fallen off because it's now quieter from that quarter and I'm looking for a spare bolt or screw on the floor. Now the dash rattles on anything but a mirror surface. You will find that because of the amount of plastic used, rattles and ticks transfer from all locations. For ages it sounded like my rear or front passenger doors weren't closed. I keep some tools under the spare wheel and had to insulate the whole cavity with 12mm thick rubber foam and that fixed it. A tick in the drivers door came from the pull ring of a fire extinguisher in the boot. Its worth taking absolutely everything out of the car, see if it still rattles and gradually replace items to see what sets of the rattles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.