Discovery Sport Forum banner

Samsung S10 or Pixel 3 BT issues

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  visheshkapoor 
#1 ·
So I upgraded my phone from the Samsung S8 to an S10 and was really disappointed to see that the new phone was absolutely unable to hold a consistent BT connection with my 2016 DS. Have seen other posts on the internet indicating people having similar issues with other car manufacturers. Assuming it was a phone issue, I ordered a Pixel 3 only to find the same issue with the DS.

Anyone else encounter this problem. Looking at the Vehicles - Landrover it does say that the newer phones are not supported. Was wondering if anyone has run into this before and what their resolution was.

#2 ·
With the s10 if you go into the BT settings on the disco and unpair for phone, leaving music only, the streaming will stay on. If you want hands free for phone, I have not tried the opposite (unpair for music leaving phone only), so I can't comment on that.

I think it's an issue with the bluetooth stack on these newer devices, as I have issues with my s10 and the head unit on my other vehicle whereas I had no trouble with my previous phone, LG G4. Good luck.

#5 ·
Same issue with Pixel2. I was able to fix BT drops/disconnects by adjusting my phone system's (Android 9) BT settings:

settings -> system -> advanced -> developer options (requires unlock) -> scroll down to BT settings and choose AVRCP 1.6, LDAC codec set to adaptive bit rat, all other BT settings default.

#7 ·
Had the same issue with Samsung Note 8. This issue is ongoing and apparently impacts Samsung and some other android based devices. The dealer has blamed Samsung for it. There are also threads on Samsung support for similar issues with the BT.

I wouldn't wait for a fix from either Samsung or Land Rover. Apparently its an issue since 2014. The "next week fix" explanation has been given to me since April 2019 when I got my car.
@dbldangertilt and @adhunt99 will try both your suggestions. Hope it works.

#9 ·
Hi guys,

It was long overdue but the bluetooth connection issues are now resolved. With the latest software upgrade the bluetooth works as it should have. Does not require bluetooth phonebook or any similar app anymore. I got the software upgrade about a month back and it has been working fine since then. Got it done at Land Rover Parramatta.

2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport TD4 110Kw HSE

Regards

Vishesh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.