Discovery Sport Forum banner

Bluetooth connection not stable

62K views 74 replies 44 participants last post by  Bill F 
#1 ·
Any one having issues with Bluetooth connection? My connection between Android phone keeps dropping every few minutes on 2016 Disco sport. It's frustrating!!
"Tech Guy" at local dealer was not helpful.

#8 ·
I had the same problem with my Huawei p10+ , it did all the time a connect / disconnect, so i wasn't able to use it properly.

Got my software updates last week and since then everything is working fine. But it took more than a day to download all the software packages.

I have now the new design with three tiles, one for navi, one for media and one for telephone.

#10 ·
I’ve had the update on my 2017 Discovery Sport and at times it will not connect to my phone automatically. It will connect to my daughter’s phone while we are both in the vehicle and not mine. I don’t want to take it back because they will tell me “we don’t get a code”. What happened to good ole mechanics who can figure this out and not have to be told what to do??

#17 ·
I have had this problem with my Samsung S8 and disco sport. Its been in 3 times now and still not resolved. They downloaded an update to the infotainment system last week and it was OK for a day but back to dropping the day after. My wifes Huawei connects without problem and maintains calls and Bluetooth audio. Any suggestions??

#25 · (Edited)
Thought I'd share my experience - like others, I had multiple disconnects from BT on android 9.

Was able to fix BT drops/disconnects by adjusting my phone system's BT settings:

Goto: settings -> system -> advanced -> developer options (requires unlock) -> scroll down to BT settings and choose AVRCP 1.6, LDAC codec set to adaptive bit rate, all other BT settings default.

I leave phone unpaired, music paired. Hope this helps.

#27 ·
Has anyone found a fix for this problem for iphone? I listen to podcasts whilst driving and this issue is beginning to really annoy me! It doesn't look like PhoneBook is available for iOS and presumably this is because it seems that the app replaces the stock phonebook - something not allowed by Apple.

#31 ·
Have 2019 Discovery Sport. My Samsung Galaxy s9 plus connects great, but drops the bluetooth after about a minute or so. Won't stay connected on phone call or music. You would think that Land Rover would have this fixed by now. Seems to have been a major problem for years. You would think a 2019 Sport would have up to date Nav software.
Gary

#32 ·
As far as i know JLR doesn't have a fix for Android Pie and higher versions so far. In my case they showed me the list of supported Android versions for Pixel 2 and suggested OS downgrade which is ridiculous...
The only way to use Bluetooth without any headache is to install this Android app play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc . Looks like it downgrades bluetooth driver somehow on the phone or something..