Discovery Sport Forum banner

VAIS Sat Radio Install

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rmutchler 
#1 ·
I finally got around to installing a VAIS GSR-LR01 Satellite radio and tuner today.

I used another a constant 12v source from the rear fuse box. There are a few other constant 12v sources back there. I also ran the ground all the way from back there due to the easily assessable ground studs and the fact that I was going to run the antenna along that same route.

I am enclosing a few pictures that show where I routed the wiring. Eventually I will figure out how to run the USB cord from the VAIS box to the USB input while keeping it hidden.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I am very happy with it. There is a bit of a delay switching from channel to channel, but it has been integrated fairly well. My only gripe would be that it is multiple button pushes to go from favorite channel to favorite channel. That might be operator error or not, I'll have to read the manual again.

#5 ·
I just had this installed on a 2016 Sport. Not sure if I'm pleased or not, as I cannot figure out how to go from one preset channel to the next using the steering wheel controls. Instead, it just goes to the next channel and not to the next preset. I heard that you have to hold the button longer for preset, but haven't tried that yet. Also, I cannot get into the higher number channels--only goes so far, and then back to channel 1 or 2.

#6 ·
I know it is not possible but if it was I would gladly swap heads as I find the Satellite radio very poor where I live. To many trees and hills that block out the signal. Maybe if I lived further south it may be better. I found that there was almost no stereo separation and local FM stations had fewer interruptions and better sound.

I think the steering wheel controls in aftermarket may just try to go to the next track or in your case the next station.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.