Discovery Sport Forum banner

Subtle Beeps while driving

25K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Smansmith 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2016 Discovery Sport SE.
I keep hearing very subtle beeps on my discovery every now and then. It goes away if I take my feet off the gas pedal. There are no warnings on the dashboard.
It's driving me crazy!

Anyone having/had similar issues?
Appreciate any help!

Thanks

#2 ·
Are you sure you’re not seeing any warnings in the info screen? It’s odd not to have a warning light with the chime/beep.
I will say the the low coolant warning is very touchy. I remember that when the coolant first started getting low, the low coolant warning would chime and the light would come on only when I was in a right hand turn then the warning light would go off the second I straighten her out. It took more than a few times before I caught it.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I am sure there are no warnings on the info screen. The beeps are very very subtle it's almost unnoticeable. I can only hear it when there is no audio playing and/or when the outside noise is negligible. But, as soon as I take my feet off of the gas it goes away. It's sporadic so that makes it almost impossible for me to replicate it if I have to take it to the dealer.

#5 ·
Whenever I pass a specific set of railroad tracks within my area, I get a subtle beep and my volume indicator will light up on the display in a yellow vs the purplish you would normally see when adjusting the volume. (meridian system). I have always assumed it was some kind of signal interference?

#7 ·
I finally determined what my beeping is! Red Light Camera Detection which I had no idea I even had. While driving in Ontario where I am from, I will get a subtle beep as I approach an intersection with a red light camera. I actually discovered this when driving through Quebec. I noticed the same subtle beep while driving through Quebec however instead of just a beep, the display screen showed me a picture of a camera and stated red light camera intersection or something along those lines.

#6 ·
Ha! This sounds the same as what my discovery sport does - like a soft and short 'hoooo' noise? I have a friend with the same model and his does exactly the same. However mine is a diesel rather than gas which i guess yours is? My theory is that it is some sort of injection/pumping of a biast of the DPF fluid going wherever it goes as part of the emission control system. It certainly comes from that kind of area under the bonnet where the filler is. Perhaps US models have similar system?
I doubt if there is a fix given its probably not a fault if my theory is correct but I was ok living with it once I knew it wasn't just my car doing it!

#10 ·
Did you ever discover what this was? I just started leasing a 2018 and I think I’m heading the same thing.

I think it’s related to the heated seats? I also think it’s not a beep but a high pitched whine... but my partner thinks it’s a beep.

Curious to know if you ever figured it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.