Discovery Sport Forum banner

Storing Valuables?

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Bill F 
#1 ·
I notice the DS doesn't have a locking glove box locked or in Valet mode. Am I drunk or is this correct?

If this is true, where does everyone store valuables and/or does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Just picked up a used 2017 Disco Sport w/ 600 miles and so far I am loving the *new* car.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The last 5 luxury cars I owned had a locking glove box. The Kia I rented last I traveled did too. I live in Los Angeles and the car gets randoms parking it often. I need a place to store valuables, locking my doors doesn't help if the people stealing **** have the key.

Any other solutions?

#4 ·
I found a loadspace security storage box on landrover accessory website, but I believe this attaches in the trunk "loadspace luggage rails", which is where my dog resides. (I cannot attach link due to being a new member).

I work with engineers, and showed one of them the removable cup holder with *hidden* storage today. If I cannot find a solution I may have him customize that to be lockable, which he believes could be done, but may not look as pretty if it's not custom made. If I can garner enough interest, I could have them 3D print lockable cup-holders and setup a Kickstarter to bring down the cost for everyone, would require ~30 people. Putting it out there for now...

#5 ·
I'd be interested in donating to Kickstarter if it can hold a small handgun * under lock and key.....;)

* Obviously this is for those that have a permit to carry or a state that allows car carry.....

#8 ·
So I post a response and it does not show up Hmm forgot to log in again.

But back to the subject.

Had a locking glove box on my 67 AMC, 73 and 84 Audi, I think my wife had one on her Suzuki but nothing since including SAAB, MBs, or the Disco. With present remotes having the emergency key hidden away inside, a lockable glove box is not practical. Besides if you hand your keys to a lot person or valet they would have the glove box key as well.

Things in my glove box, pens with or without ink, paper, wipes for the grandkids, insurance/license paper (combined where I live), old candies?????, receipts for gas and hotels when on a trip, some old business cards and the owners manual. Merc had a nice hidden place to hold manual in the rear of car which freed up room for junk. And oddly despite living in a cold country I have never had gloves there. Oh Diabetic sugar pills in case I get dizzy while driving, but the grand kids have a fondness for them.>:D as does the wife!

In the special hidden spot that we all know about near the cup-holder (That should never be talked about) :eek: I keep my Nexus card so I do not need a passport to cross speedily from the US to Canada or visey versa.

Wish that I did have valuables anywhere.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.