Discovery Sport Forum banner

Clocks out of sync

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Drogers2 
#1 ·
The clock behind the steering wheel is correct, but the clock on the Infotainment system has recently started a new behavior pattern. It's set to the time the car started and doesn't move from there - so the first minute of each drive they are in-sync, and beyond that the Infotainment one is static.

Doesn't bother me so much, but my passenger can't see so well into the panel so rather frustrating. Anyone run into this? Or seen ways to adjust this behavior. Seems to have happened after the dealer did a bunch of work to get Auto Start/Stop to work again.

#3 ·
The same here... My dealer is trying to solve. No success until now. And no clue why this happen.

SSM73622
Models Discovery Sport / L550
Title 15 MY - InControl Touch - Clock errors in the Touch Screen Display
Category Electrical
Last modified 23-Nov-2017 00:00:00
Symptom 204000 Instrumentation
Content Issue:

After completing Q634 or Q627, the customer may report the clock is not displayed in the touchscreen, or freezes after start up, or
displays a different time to that in the Instrument display.
Cause:
Software update required
Action:
In the interim carry out the following procedure
1. CAUTION: This procedure requires DVD151.04 and Calibration File 282 loaded or a later version.
2. Connect the Jaguar Land Rover approved battery support unit.
3. Connect the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment to the vehicle.
4. Begin a new diagnostic session by reading the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for the current vehicle and initiating the data collect
sequence.
5. Follow the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic tool prompts
6. Select 'Diagnosis' session type.
7. Select the following symptoms: Electrical - Information and entertainment system - Entertainment system.
8. Run and close the 'Datalogger' tool to reveal the 'Extras' tab.
9. Select the 'Extras' tab.
10. From 'Recommendations', run ‘Configure existing module – Audio head unit - Low line'.
11. When all of the tasks are complete, exit the current session by selecting the 'Session' tab and then select the 'Close Session' option.
12. Disconnect the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment and the Jaguar Land Rover approved battery support unit.

#4 ·
I have the same issue from last 1.5 years and my dealer is dumb enough to fix this issue. They are not even able to reproduce the issue which I can easily reproduce. Can't believe these guys have Land Rover agency and can't fix a problem which is getting common now. Mine is Grange Land Rover Welwyn.
On a separate note, they, in fact, could not even resolve the windscreen jet wash issue where the passenger side wash does not function properly.

#5 ·
There is a new infotainment software release- I forget the number details, it should correct this fault and some additional functionality to the general system-

On a side if any one has noticed the infotainment screen turn pink when the car first starts, they should take a picture and raise it with the dealer ASAP. I reported this to the dealer with photographic evidence supplied, they were trying to investigate and the screen failed on them....

So I get a nice updated new screen FOC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.