|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|01-14-2020 11:15 AM|
Service Action: N377: In control Touch Pro Update (update for android/apple car play, updated maps and the ability to receive wifi updates)
Did anyone else get this update in the mail and head into a dealership for it? I took my vehicle in 4 weeks ago and in the process of upgrading my unit (2017 incontrol touch pro) they fried it. They failed to install the new update and in the move to revert back to original software they fried the computer. 4 weeks later I now have a new unit from a 2020 model year vehicle. The system now runs a lot smoother and having carplay/android auto is a game changer.
If you have a 2017 model year or newer with the pro system it is worth the upgrade...granted they don't make any mistakes. Thankfully they had me in a fully loaded Velar for the 4 weeks!
|12-31-2019 09:06 PM|
|sanman$||I have had the CarPlay unit installed in my 2017 Disco Sport by a professional car audio technician. Cost Including hardware - $1,500. Works great.|
|12-23-2019 06:43 AM|
It wasnt a quick install and the unit isnt perfect but overall I think its a good addition to the vehicle.
- Not easy to install. Lots of trim to remove and screws.
- Not integrated with factory steering wheel controls.
- Factory reverse camera not engaging for some people when going into reverse (you can exit out of the system back to the LR system though and everything works as normal)
- Not able to interact with updates (i.e. messages, whatsapp) - I think they can fix this through a future firmware update.
- Uses the AUX to play audio. - Its not actually that bad and I leave mine on AUX and use it for playing media and the phone as well through apple play.
- Carplay working in vehicle with touchscreen interface.
- Carplay will be upgraded whenever apple does an update.
- Units are upgradable through firmware update. If you install the USB cable somewhere accessible then this is a simple process where you dont need direct access to the unit.
- Nice to have all the carplay apps there and working.
|12-16-2019 04:05 AM|
|Zack8221||Would love to know the details of installing on touch 8” to get CarPlay|
|12-06-2019 02:07 PM|
|Span2695||How difficult was the installation of the separate unit?|
|12-06-2019 11:35 AM|
If you have the Incontrol Touch Pro then there is an upgrade if your dealer is nice enough.
If you have the Incontrol Touch 8" then you need to use a separate unit that plugs into the 8" orginal unit like the Joyeauto or IDCore ones. I installed mine and have been using it for a few weeks now. In general it works pretty well.
|12-05-2019 10:59 AM|
|UtraStyle||At my last oil change, the service advisor said the Intouch Control Pro software is updated to include CarPlay. It never showed up, but he said it should.|
|12-02-2019 11:18 AM|
|[email protected]||I did this and its actually pretty good. So now there is an option for much less than we previously thought.|
|11-22-2019 04:08 PM|
|Rmutchler||Thanks in advance for sharing. Hoping this will give those of us without CarPlay the option!|
|11-22-2019 10:35 AM|
There is actually an option now to get CarPlay or Android Auto on the InControl touch (not the pro). Its a little android box that plugs into the main entertainment unit behind the climate controls. There are a couple of options as far as I have seen but they are essentially the same kind of hardware solution.
One is from Joyeauto and the other is from Unique-AD.
I'll post more details and take some photos over the weekend.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|
Search Tags for this Page