Discovery Sport Forum banner

Would you lower or change DS suspension?

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  4sallypat 
#1 ·
Would you? I wish it came with air suspensions like the higher models of LRs and RRs

#2 ·
On a slightly related note, I could't help but noticing that on some promotional images car proportions looks slightly different from real-life photos. Although the car does not seem to be lowered, the gap between fender's arch and tire seems way smaller than it should be. Like if the wheels are be from a bigger car. It's probably just a clever angle, but still a stock DS with 20" wheels looks different in real life.

Here is an example

#3 ·
Yeah I noticed this was well. My DS has 20's and it looked to sit higher in real life. I even mentioned it when I saw it for the first time. Which I'm a fan of so I liked it.
I know that LR has a new variation coming out in the Spring called the Dynamic package. LR says it will....DELIVERS A MORE ASSERTIVE STANCE
I'm not quite sure of all the suspension changed. They are listed somewhere if you want search for it to check it all out.

Attachments

#5 ·
Yes all promo photos are photoshopped to decrease the fender tire gaps to make the car look more sporty. I have 22" wheels and the gaps remain the same.

The dynamic lux is available on the JLR uk site if you are interested to find out more info on it. I really like the side skirts and rear bumper. The front is so so, a bit too conservative for dynamic trim. Not sure if the suspension is any different though

#7 ·
Yes it would have been nice to be able to lower/raise the car using the air suspension.
I liked the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit edition that had that feature - very nice for lowering at highway speeds and raising it for off road ability.

But the DS is still a very high clearance vehicle to take on off road situations.

Lowering the DS would be a mistake as I live in Southern Calif where a lot of young rice burners do that.

So for the OP who would want to lower it - you should just buy a Jag instead....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.