Discovery Sport Forum banner

Heavy swaying at higher speed on highway

10K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  JasonM 
#1 ·
Hello group, was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have with my 2016 discovery sport. When Driving at speeds just above 90 km/hr to about 100km/hr I start getting heavy swaying left to right, almost the same feeling as aquaplanieing but on dry surface??? Tires are still good 50% pressure is spot on , wheels were balanced and alignment is good!! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thankyou

#2 ·
This doesn’t sound normal. Do you have any high crosswinds, like greater than 30 mph? I have observed similar affects at higher speeds with no crosswind. I keep things to the speed limit when traveling in windy areas.
Checking the tire pressure is good, but if they are too low it results in being to bouncy in the front. Not really like what you described.

#3 ·
Never had any problem on the highway at all, even crosswinds have little effect compared to other cars I have owned. Just came back from a short vacation with the car heavily laden at speed up to 120 kph with no problem.

I have my tire pressure set for normal load ie 37 psi front and rear.

#9 ·
I would make sure all tires are at proper pressure and take for a drive. Then rotate all tires and test drive to see if ride is the same or different. Naturally I would have checked balance first. Then do a 4 wheel alignment.

#14 ·

read the thread in the same forum as your problem. It may help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.