User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-09-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
general grabber AT 235/55R1

Hey folks - new to the forum and there's plenty here but has any one got a report on the GG AT 235/55/r19 's
Keen to know how they go on and off road - I and the better haf have killed 2 Perellis' and it's time to look at something with a little more purpose.

We spend a bit of time in the high country over summer - gravel / shale roads and tracks, was going to hold aot for some 18'rims but the GG's are on sale for $210 a corner on 19's righ now which is prety much the priceof 2 perellis.

thaughts anyone???

cheers jfk

2015 DS HSE
post #2 of 10 Old 07-10-2019, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello. How many miles do you have on your DS? I'm at around 17,500 miles on the odometer. I really want to upgrade to more beefier tires as well. I don't really like the factory all seasons as it is already wearing out fast and plus I've had situations where nail punctures are more frequent. It's very hard for me to find an AT tire that is 235/55 R19. Most that I find are 255 65 R19. I wonder if I can fit does tires on my factory rims?
post #3 of 10 Old 07-17-2019, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have had the GG AT3 255/55 R19 tyres for almost a year now. Slightly greater width gives about a 10mm lift at the same aspect ratio and gives great rim protection. Love the tyres in sand and mud, no punctures on the rough stuff and they go great on the road too. Recommend the slightly larger width but can’t speak for the road rules in your location regarding the extra diameter.

post #4 of 10 Old 10-04-2019, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I scrubbed off a set of Contis 235/60 R18 in 18,000kms (see my story under Moding Discovery Sports?). Fitted GG AT3s 235/60 R18 and love them. Not noisy as I would have expected, and good traction.
What is unclear is what pressure to air down for beach driving. Jax maintain normal city driving should be at 40psi - do I follow the normal air down guidelines?
post #5 of 10 Old 10-25-2019, 10:26 AM

I have the same question as well. Will the 255's R19 be okay without a need for a lift?
post #6 of 10 Old 10-28-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discojohn View Post
I scrubbed off a set of Contis 235/60 R18 in 18,000kms (see my story under Moding Discovery Sports?). Fitted GG AT3s 235/60 R18 and love them. Not noisy as I would have expected, and good traction.
What is unclear is what pressure to air down for beach driving. Jax maintain normal city driving should be at 40psi - do I follow the normal air down guidelines?
Depends on the beach driving really. I tend not to go too low early on - I go to 24-26 psi as usually the beach access track might be really dry but then i'm heading a long way up the foreshore where it's firm and damp. Then you can drop 2 psi at a time if you find a tricky beach exit or dry inland track. I would think you could go down to 18psi for a particular "obstacle" without any issue but I've never had to go that low and I wouldn't want to drive any extended distances that low. The trick is to drop the pressure before you get completely bogged/beached.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-28-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoverNoob View Post
I have the same question as well. Will the 255's R19 be okay without a need for a lift?
I have 255/55 R19's - you won't need a lift. It is possible to get the tiniest amount of rub on full lock in reverse, though, just on the wheel arch liner. Doesn't ever persist or cause any damage though.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-28-2019, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've got the 235/65/17 and couldn't be happier. Try get your hands on 17" rims, they will do better job offload.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-28-2019, 06:04 PM

Thank you so much for the reply.
I guess my question was really 'do I follow the guidelines of Conti onroaders for AT3 offroaders?'. when using for beach driving.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-02-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackgeo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoverNoob View Post
I have 255/55 R19's - you won't need a lift. It is possible to get the tiniest amount of rub on full lock in reverse, though, just on the wheel arch liner. Doesn't ever persist or cause any damage though.
Hi thank you for your info. I'm just unsure when you say full lock. Do you mean AWD in reverse? I just don't see how it can rub going backwards if it doesn't going forward. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page