Discovery Sport Forum banner

Check Engine light on in middle of long trip..

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bill F 
#1 ·
I started in Dallas, am now in Breckenridge, CO.....about 500 miles into the trip, my 'check engine' light came on.....Car had very low power in ECO mode..Felt like the turbo was just switched off...was able to drive to a safe spot to stop....Checked gas cap, it was fine.... Restarted care, and it ran fine, and I finished the trip (300 more mile...). Check engine light is still on....

Question: Any ideas what may have caused this loss of power in ECO mode? And, why in regular drive mode, it seems fine?

And, I need to drive the nearly 900 miles home....Can I drive home and get it looked at there? Or, should I make plans to visit the Denver dealership (about 100 miles) to get it reset/checked out?

Advice, please...!

Thanks
Eyepurr

#3 ·
I started in Dallas, am now in Breckenridge, CO.....about 500 miles into the trip, my 'check engine' light came on.....Car had very low power in ECO mode..Felt like the turbo was just switched off...was able to drive to a safe spot to stop....Checked gas cap, it was fine.... Restarted care, and it ran fine, and I finished the trip (300 more mile...). Check engine light is still on....

Question: Any ideas what may have caused this loss of power in ECO mode? And, why in regular drive mode, it seems fine?

And, I need to drive the nearly 900 miles home....Can I drive home and get it looked at there? Or, should I make plans to visit the Denver dealership (about 100 miles) to get it reset/checked out?

Advice, please...!

Thanks
Eyepurr
Hello, exactly same thing is happening to me, what was the problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.