Discovery Sport Forum banner

2018 Discovery Sport

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  agarabaghi 
#1 ·
I read that the UK version of the 2018 Discovery Sport will include new Ingenium engines (both petrol and diesel). Does anyone know if the US models will get the new engine? The Disco Sport has everything I want except the engine/transmission combo, so if it gets the Ingenium engine I'm all in. Also, if anyone has any other news on the 2018 model, please post.

#5 ·
Doesn't the US market already have the JLR 2.0 Ingenium gas engine? Or are you talking about the upgraded 293hp engine that's supposed to be the X3M, SQ5 competitor?

#9 ·
Interesting. That's not what Wikipedia claims. Someone may want to update Wikipedia?
I just got a 17MY in Canada. How does one identify the engine is indeed the ford eco boost engine under the hood?

#12 ·
The 2017 Jaguar 35t F Pace I am driving as a loaner is an Ingenium 6 cylinder engine.

It's a supercharged + turbo engine just like the super peppy, neck snapping off the line gas guzzling Audi SQ5.

I hope that's the engine option coming in for the DS.

#15 ·
Aren't all US sold DS using the Ford Eco Boost 2L engine with Land Rover stamped parts ??

I thought in order to get the new Ingenium engines, you have to step into the new larger full sized Discovery (replaced LR4), Jaguar F Pace or Range Rovers ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.