Discovery Sport Forum banner

Oil change

23K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Paul 
#1 ·
LR told me first service is in 12 months. It makes me nervous. Anyone else nervous or believe I should change the oil sooner? Where do the metal shavings go or is that a thing of the past?

#5 ·
That is exactly what i would do. being a vehicle I plan to keep well past the original warranty I rather just do that. At least then you know for sure its been well taken care of to the best it can. No harm in doing more maintenance than recommended.

#6 ·
Funny, my dealer sent me an email:
"We hope you are enjoying your new Discovery Sport.
This is just a reminder to schedule your 6-month interval service.
This complimentary service includes a multi-point inspection and a 1-time tire rotation."

So what does the dealer do at 6 months ?
Oil ?
Or take a peek and rotate the tires ?
Do I get a loaner ?

This is new to me being first time with JLR.....

#7 ·
10K miles or 12 months whichever comes first. I'm sure these engines get run up on a bench and then have the oil changed. If not, oh well....that's LRs standard recommendation. Just do it at a qualified dealership within those specs and if something happens to your engine within warranty, then you get a new engine on LR. If you're worried about it happening after factory warranty...get an extended warranty...best practice if you own a LR vehicle anyway.

#10 ·
I just broke 2,000 miles....so will see but I know that it was an important point to change oil after first 3,000.... this would apply to new vehicles as the first few thousand generate a lot of friction and probably best to just change the filter and oil.... after that every 10,000 should be good.

#11 ·
So I tried to make an appointment with the dealer in December but there was a huge wait time and quoted around $500 for the change. So I went to the dealer and bought the approved oil and filter and then to B.C.A.A. to do the inspection and oil change. They gave me a $10 gas certificate at B.C.A.A. So the whole cost with oil, filter, environmental fees, taxes and labour was less than $100 CDN .

Used 5 liters of oil and the level shows about 3/4 of the way between low and max.

Ironically filled my gas tank a few days later and the cost of the fill was $100.01:eek: We have the most expensive gas in North America so what can you do?? Price was $1.689 for a liter of 94 octane (non ethanol) at Chevron. I wonder if that gives me any bragging rights?????>:D

#12 ·
yeah...there is some usual BS when talking to the service guys at LR....
If doing ONLY oil and filter it is $180
If you doing the annual service - which is the only required maintenance on the Disco and includes filter/oil change + some other stuff...then you pay $500
I need to find out what is included in that annual service....$500 is a lot for service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.