3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 07-18-2016, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
Which gas station chains carries the 100% gasoline ?

All the stations I have gone to says 10% ethanol (90% gas) on the pumps...

In Beautiful BC, Shell V power is 91 Octane and Chevron Premium Plus drum roll please is 94 Octane both with no ethanol.

Oh the Ford 2 litre engine produces less power when running on regular (de tunes itself) and does not produce max torque until 3500 RPM. which a very large difference.
post #12 of 17 Old 07-22-2016, 12:31 AM

Mechanic at dealer assured me today that while the Disco uses a Ford casting for the block, all other mechanical components are manufactured in house by Land Rover or made to Land Rover specs.Other than sharing the same oil filter as the Ford no other parts are interchangeable.

As an aside, in Canada major high octane fuels also contain higher concentration of cleaners
post #13 of 17 Old 07-27-2016, 12:36 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I am a convert of Regular gas now. I experimented to see if there was any differences in gas mileage between the various gasoline types (each w/ 10% Ethanol): Premium 92 vs Plus 89 vs Regular 87. With a full tank of gas, they all pretty much came out to approx. 400miles (4miles) before I need to refuel. I also tested between the various driving modes: Standard "D" (w/ Auto Stop-Start ON) vs Eco Mode (w/ Auto Stop-Start ON) vs Standard "D" (w/ Auto Stop-Start OFF) and they ALL achieve approx. 400miles as well. (Footnote: I did NOT test in Sport mode as I can't stand driving w/ two hands on the wheel and changing gears w/ either hand; they should have a Tiptronic as a stick shift.)

However, it is unclear what the outcome of the engine will be when using Regular gas for an extended period of years. We shall revisit this conversation in 8yrs time. (That's when I usually purchase a new vehicle.)

post #14 of 17 Old 07-27-2016, 11:38 AM
LRD

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr2 View Post
I don't know about the heartland, but the station on the corner out in the country near my house in NC now has a 100% gasoline pump. I keep forgetting to check the price, though. Ethanol is just a government program that went awry! ;-)
You might even have some luck in finding an APP or some Map that shows where to find stations like that since as you can imagine there's demand for it over what's typically found.

post #15 of 17 Old 07-30-2016, 04:06 PM

When I test drove our car (used with 6800 KM on it) drove smooth and started with no hesitation at lights. Salesman insisted he always uses low grade fuel in his personal cars and he filled the car for us before we left the lot. Drove 385 KM and after fill up the car used 13.5 L/100 KM with about 75% city driving. Car shifted poorly and started with a jerk at stop lights.

Filled up with premium fuel ( with no ethanol) drove 471 KM and car used 12.3 L/100 KM with about 95% city driving. After filling with premium the car shifted better and started at lights with no jerking.

So using premium gave app 9% better fuel economy and much better driveabilty. Of course non ethanol fuel gives better economy and performance , especially in turbo charged engines, than 10% ethanol gas at the same octane. I wonder what the zero to 100KM times are with different fuels???

Small print in most brochures states that the fuel economy was tested using premium non ethanol fuel to get the results.
post #16 of 17 Old 07-30-2016, 04:31 PM

Darn can't edit the above post. I think the site only gives a very small time frame to do so.

The above results are computed using actual odometer readings and litres at the pump and not the on-board computer. Will have to test the accuracy of the computer on a long trip over many fuel ups.
post #17 of 17 Old 10-10-2016, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Here is a baseline of my driving results w/ the various fuel type and driving mode combinations. I pretty much use the same route to/from work each day (which incorporates approx. 50% highway and 50% city), however, keep in mind traffic congestion may be heavier on certain days. I was hoping Eco Mode would result in better gas mileage but no.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GasMileage.png
Views:	3157
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	3985  
amy_alley1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page