Slow Acceleration or Turbo Lag ***SOLUTION*** - Page 2 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 01-26-2019, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Something to try....
I turned off the anti-skid feature (right most button) and it "seems" to help. I did this every drive since Tuesday PM and it seemed to really change the acceleration profile. Take note of where you have the hesitation problem, then turn off anti-skid and then repeat the offending maneuver.

Let everyone know if you see a difference.

In the upper midwest US, we have quite a bit of snow and ice, a couple of times the anti-skid kicked in and it dawned on me that it behaved almost the same - so I am trying an experiment on that mode.

2017 Discovery Sport HSE
post #12 of 20 Old 01-26-2019, 07:01 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
"anti skid" ?????

I think that you are referring to the DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL

Read the warning in the manual

The vehicle's stability and safety may be reduced by inappropriately disabling the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system. The result can be a vehicle crash, potentially leading to serious injury or death.
Switching the DSC system off reduces the level of traction control intervention and may lead to an increase in wheel spin.
post #13 of 20 Old 01-26-2019, 07:56 PM

DSC is still anti-skid. Yes, I understand the warning. I grew up with manual brakes, steering into a skid, downshifting and actually driving etc. I have no problem drive with DSC off.
I realize that in the Canada OHS is all powerful, but in the US we still have "some" control over our our own destiny. Maybe that's why they have a button so you can selectively turn it off.

That said, this is an experiment if someone is comfortable with turning it off, see if it helps. LR is no use here, the problem is dangerous, period. I am in an area - right now - that is ... 0 degrees F and 10 inches of snow. I have NO problem with "DSC" off.
The problem with the hesitation is dangerous, LR and service will not engage. I hear from people in the UK, Canada and US that they experience the same lack of response from them (cannot reproduce or a design characteristic) with no help. All I am offing is a test to see if it could be related. For me, I see a marked improvement.

2017 Discovery Sport HSE

post #14 of 20 Old 01-27-2019, 11:45 AM

OHS what is that??? Something from the all powerful US LOL. Lucky for us we never have snow in Canada
post #15 of 20 Old 02-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Success........................................... ............................!
I've been turning off the DSC (anti-skid) function since last Tuesday (January 22).
This has really changed the performance for me.
The Slow acceleration / loss of power problem is gone, except briefly when -20F and the car is cold, so I don't count that.
This made a major improvement to the acceleration problem so many are experiencing / describing.
I personally have no problem with turning DSC off. But the decision is yours based on your comfort level.

I will try to explain the effect next time I'm in (probably in a month or so) for the yearly service.
I don't know if they will do anything, I'm sorry to say as no one in LR has engaged on this yet. But I will try.

Given this was an experiment, I am very surprised that this worked for me as well as it did.
This tells me it's most likely not the transmission, but the software / code that controls these functions.
Paul and RoverLord like this.

2017 Discovery Sport HSE
post #16 of 20 Old 03-24-2019, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for posting these tips. Someone else has driven mine for 3 years so I definitely need a reset. As for stability control, I'm not going to delegate my extensive experience at stability control over to software. The manual pretty much tells you you're a walking talking hazard so I'll put that to the test. If this be my last post on this forum, you'll know how that worked out.

2016 Fuji White Goodness
post #17 of 20 Old 03-24-2019, 07:01 PM

Thumbs up Just Out Of Curiosity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER.000 View Post
Did some research and found a successful solution for myself.

Reset Automatic Transmission:

0. Press "Start" button only. (ie: Do NOT start the engine.)
1. Press and hold gas pedal to floor for approx. 15secs.
2. Press "Start" button again.
3. Release gas pedal.
4. Wait approx. 2mins.; start engine and drive.

(Footnote: This process will renew the transmission program and erase the adaptive learning system to learn your driving style. If ever the system feels slow/sluggish just perform another reset.)

...how did you figure this out?
lrovergirl likes this.

2016 Fuji White Goodness
post #18 of 20 Old 03-24-2019, 08:44 PM

It is one of those things you find from Topix
post #19 of 20 Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
YOU ROCK -- THANK YOU!!!

I just tried this on my 2017 and it makes a world of difference accelerating from a dead stop. An additional benefit, and I'm 99% sure I'm not imagining this, is that the suspension seems much softer than it has lately, resulting in a much nicer ride.

Thanks Again!
RoverLord likes this.
post #20 of 20 Old 03-30-2019, 05:29 AM

Yep...it worked a treat for me too. It's like I'm driving a different rover now. Still not thrilled with Land Rover's transmission system overall but am learning to control it via pedal pressure.

2016 Fuji White Goodness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page