2015 Disco Sport aims to convert buyers from other SUVs - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-28-2015, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2015 Disco Sport aims to convert buyers from other SUVs

The execs at JLR are expecting that the Discovery Sport will be able to convert buyers from other SUV brands. They are banking on the SUV's more mainstream design, seven-seat option and improved technology. Joe Eberhardt, CEO of Jaguar Land Rover North America, says that they expect conquests to account for up to 70% of Discovery Sport sales.

The Discovery Sport will be battling against rivals like the Audi Q5 when it goes on sale. JLR is hopeful that the Disco Sport's optional seven-seat configuration will set it apart from such models that only allow 5-seat occupancy.

Do you really think that the Disco Sport's 7-seat option will allow it to make so many conquests on its rivals?

2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport expected to attract buyers from rival SUVs

post #2 of 4 Old 01-28-2015, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I'm buying a DS over a Q5/XC60/X3 and I'm a new entrant to the brand, so I am in that 70% bucket. Coming from an A3, so the Q5 was a known quantity, vs the perceived LR reliability stigma wasn't an issue for me as the DS has the Evoque driveline which I have heard only one negative review of.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
It's a good aim for LR to have with the disco. One I can easily see happening as people are aware how good LR products are. The disco hits a lot of right cues already which should help it along the way here.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I think that the 70% figure has two parts to it. One is the Disco Sport being a nice vehicle that can attract those buyers, but the other part is JLR not having a ton of customers to start out with. When you don't have many customers to start out with, it just makes sense that a lot of your sales will be conquests.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page