Looking at replacing the DS with: Porsche Macan, Volvo XC40, Land Rover Discovery.... - Page 2 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 06-02-2018, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It's a shame the 35t Jag F Pace is no longer available - quite a monster rocket car!
I spent 3 months of total service loaner time in the 35t and loved the takeoff torque.

But the only negative for me is the lack of easy entry/exit seat feature on the Jag.....

Now going to test drive:

Just released 2019 Acura RDX Advance w/ SH-AWD & old 2018 style Lexus RX350L....

Will report back..

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 Old 06-04-2018, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Test drove over the weekend:

Lexus RX350 & RX350L: sloppy, soft, numb steering, and felt like a big pig going around corners. Did not like the front torque steer powering around corners and turning acceleration from stop. Definitely a soccer mom type car. Could not believe it is pricey at $51/$58K loaded. For that money I could get into the GX. RX is off my list.

Acura RDX (2019): test drove the new 3rd gen RDX AWD Advance package with new chassis, bigger body, and compares very well with the DS. Drove like a champ, great road feel, adjustable ride settings (love the crisp Sport + mode), good wide powerband between torque, HP and gears, 10 speed auto was smooth as butter. This model is a huge improvement over the older RDX with the re-introduced SH-AWD, new HUD, wider track, longer wheelbase, improvement from the Honda CRV size, and better powertrain. For $48K fully loaded it was a game changer! The RDX (2019) is now on my top 3 list so it compares very well between performance, price point, and features. Very well done Acura!

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 Old 06-07-2019, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting perspectives listed. We just replaced my wife's LR2 with a 2018 Discovery Sport HSE Dynamic. I tried to get her to consider other cars but she wanted to stick with JLR. Her main reasoning being she wants to sit up higher and have good visibility in a small SUV. I would agree that having had a LR2 then moving to almost anything else in a similar size has a far lower seating position. Even the Discovery Sport is not so good for visibility etc, although this is somewhat offset with the improved technology e.g. BSM.

I did manage to get her to sit in a Honda Passport, but after a quick test drive of the Discovery Sport Dynamic her viewpoint was clear.

It really depends on what you are after in a car, for my wife performance was not a major concern - we only got the Dynamic as I decided I liked the styling enough to warrant the additional $.

TheSalamander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page