"Exhaust" smell inside of the vehicle... - Page 2 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 Old 09-28-2016, 06:30 PM
LRD

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USER.000 View Post
I do not get an exhaust fume smell, however, I do smell something else (almost like eggs?) ONLY when the re-circulation is turned on. Perhaps this will go away after the car is broken into as it is still new?
Are you sure it wasn't anything you ate?

post #12 of 43 Old 09-28-2016, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Absolutely. I take a Beano tablet after every meal.
post #13 of 43 Old 11-06-2016, 02:48 PM
REW

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've had the same fuel odor inside my Discovery Sport. Land Rover worked with my dealer to replace the 2015 model with a 2016 and it's still happening. It happens when the vehicle is first started and while standing still. In my opinion, this is a dangerous health and safety issue that Land Rover needs to fix.

post #14 of 43 Old 11-06-2016, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Knock on wood... I do not have the same experience in mine.

I have a 7 seater... maybe some things are moved around near the gas line to make it different for me.
post #15 of 43 Old 11-06-2016, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
We dont have the smell anymore. Not sure what the deal was?

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!
post #16 of 43 Old 12-04-2016, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me, too.

I've had the 2017 Disco Sport HSE Luxury with Climate Control, Auto Stop, Eco Program,etc., for about a week, and I'm also experiencing exhaust fumes inside the vehicle. My dealer says he has never heard of this before. Of course. It seems to be worse on backing up, and on stopping, which perhaps allows fumes from the exhaust to get sucked into the Climate air system (?). It also still happens after turning off the Auto Stop function. I did not have the recirculate option on. I gather, after searching the net, that this seems to be a problem with Disco Sports of the last three years. Evidently, Land Rover still hasn't found the solution. My dealer says to bring back the car if the problem is still there after driving it a few more weeks. Has anyone found the solution to this yet? I don't see why I should have to drive my new car with the window always cranked open to prevent asphyxiation!
post #17 of 43 Old 12-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seems like so many people are having issues with this on the Discovery Sport and not only one model but a number of models. It'd be interesting to see if there are any other cars that have the same issue as well. Perhaps there might be answers to what's happening from a engineering perspective rather than specifically to the model?
post #18 of 43 Old 12-10-2016, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, second time I'm writing this. Lost the first very lengthy post because I neglected to log in. Oh well.

Basically, I think that this is a design/engineering flaw. I am starting to think that it actually has to do with the way the wind is blowing -- if the exhaust from the tail pipes gets blown under the car, it then travels up and gets sucked into the cabin air intake. If the wind is cooperating, there is no problem. This problem never happens when the climate control air system is off, so cabin air has to be actively sucked in, the air system must be turned on, to smell the exhaust fumes. Possible solutions: put an air cleaning pre-filter onto the cabin air intake. Or, direct the exhaust tail pipes upwards so exhaust can't go underneath so easily? Or, put an accessory fan into the exhaust system to increase the speed of the exhaust coming out of the pipes, to prevent it from drifting backwards so easily. Anyway, we'll be taking the car into service, but, I really don't expect a solution to this anytime soon.
post #19 of 43 Old 01-14-2017, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have the diesel fumes in my TD4 calling the garage its been two weeks and getting no better
post #20 of 43 Old 01-14-2017, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
The exhaust smell inside our vehicle has gone. I still dont know what it was or why it magically went away. Good luck!

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page