1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 06-03-2016, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJC View Post
My disco still does the auto engine stop/start in Sport mode but much less frequently. I imagine if you drive it like you stole it the engine will never shut off.

I was sayiny that the stereo was nice for stock and then a horrible sound came from one of my right speakers. It sounded blown and muffled the rest of the day. Then it went away (yes played the same song). Then it came back another day. Ugggh!
Yea, I tested sport mode yesterday and the engine cut off as soon as I stopped at a red light.

On the speaker issue, I believe there is a bulletin in TOPIx about this. I've only seen the caption as I don't have a subscription to download the files, but I've seen something about speaker issues. My passenger side one rattled one time during some song the title of which I can't remember, but it hasn't come back (and neither has that song in my rotation, either, so it may be an issue again).
post #22 of 25 Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
So - I'm at about 5900 miles and I'm starting to get the rattle in the passenger side on uneven roads. I actually think it might be the A-pillar rather than B-pillar.
Will have it checked out this weekend at the local JLR dealership...
post #23 of 25 Old 06-09-2016, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just dumped my x3 after 4 years. Didn't really experience any mechanical issues, but seats were as uncomfortable as folding chairs. Also hated the run-flat tires. Hoping to get my DS soon.

post #24 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please share what parts were needed to fix some of the issues.

Thanks!
post #25 of 25 Old 02-05-2019, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by urazen View Post
Hey all,

I had to visit my dealership three times to fix the issue. Essentially, my 2016 HSE Lux had three sources of noise.

1) Squeaky sound in the trunk
2) Chirping sound in the rear passenger seat
3) Some rattles in the passenger-side B pillar

The 1st visit: The 1) was really obvious from the first day when I picked up my car from the dealership. When there are small bumps on the road, it makes squeaky sound every time. So I had to get it fixed. I was not very sure about 2) and 3) at those times honestly so I couldn't clarify the sources of 2) and 3). The dealership told me that put some kind of sponge or something in the tailgate panel. Plus, they lubed somewhere in the rear seat. It was quick fix (same day fix). But when I drove back to home, the same sound was still happening! In my garage, I tried to replicate it and I successfully reproduce the sound. When I pressed the left side of the tailgate, I was able to make the exactly same sound! I took a video.

The 2nd visit: I showed the video to the dealership and reproduced the sound by pressing the panel. Additionally, on the way to drive to the dealership, I realized 2) was not fixed at all. So I clarified 2) and 3) more. After a day later, they called me that they fixed 1) but couldn't fix 2) because they had to order a new part. Unfortunately, I had to get my car back half way done because I needed my car the next day. Since the mechanic took out some parts to fix 2), the noise 2) got worse actually LoL. It was obvious CHIRPING every time! The good thing was 1) was fully fixed anyway. They put more things in the panel, and they took out and put back the rear camera entirely to take care of that. The squeaky sounds is gone now!

The 3rd visit: Finally, the part arrived. It was another easy fix in the same day. 2) is fixed correctly. I don't hear any chirping sound from the rear seat anymore. Still I have some sort of 3) from time to time. But it is not that annoying and it comes on and off so I can't reproduce it easily. It sounds like the seatbelt buckle is hitting B pillar. It happens especially the entire vehicle vibrates when I fully press the accelerator. Anyway, if it is just by the seatbelt, I will just bear with it. I checked the mp3 that the UK forum posted, but mine sounds a little bit different. Plus, mine is not that consistent.

The bottom line is: you can definitely fix the tailgate noise and the rear seat noise for sure. If anyone needs more details, I can share what parts they replaced.
Hi, Can you please share what parts and what dealer you used to fix the problem?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page