User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-06-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Premature service warning

I purchased a pre-owned 16 plate Discovery Sport HSE in January 2019, it had approx 24000mls on the clock. I was advised that it would not require a service until Feb. 2020. I was surprised when about 5 weeks ago the last week in June 2019 a service required message appeared on the instrument panel. I called the dealer and asked for guidance regarding the message. I was asked to bring the car in, which I did. On collecting it I was advised that the problem was with the oil and it's properties, that are affected by the mileage driven and that persistent short journeys cause the oil to degrade. I have to date covered 32000mls. I have now got another service message on the instrument panel 6th Aug 2019. I have it booked in to be investigated. Can anyone out there advise me as to the validity of the comments made after the first investigation, or is this a known but well hidden problem with this Model?
post #2 of 2 Old 08-07-2019, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
To bad you did not bother to tell what motor you have to make it easier to answer.
If it is a diesel it is normal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page