User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-27-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Speed limit on dash

I have a minor issue that I've noticed with my Discovery Sport. The speed limit sign on the dash is wrong sometimes, or very slow to update when you change roads. I brought it in for service for something else, but did mention that issue. When I picked up my car, they said they did an update to correct that. The problem actually got worse in my opinion. I called service again and they tell me that feature is controlled by one of the cameras and not the navigation like I assumed it was. I have a Volvo XC40 and that feature works perfectly. Instant and tells you for example if your in a school zone. To me, the most logical way to display the speed limit would be getting that from navigation. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks
post #2 of 6 Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
You can set up the navigation to give you verbal speed warning at the preset you use.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-30-2019, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Your experience matches ours. It doesn’t recongnize school zones. It is primarily driven by the camera, but will sometimes grab a value from the GPS. It will miss many signs. It is nice to have if you have no idea what the speed limit might be, but not good enough to use the intelligent speed limiter often.

UtraStyle
2017 Discoball HSE Lux
235/55 R19 Pirelli Scorpion Verde
255/55 R18 Blizzak DM-V2

post #4 of 6 Old 06-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill F View Post
You can set up the navigation to give you verbal speed warning at the preset you use.
I couldn't find such an option in my 2019 HSE (US). Any pointers as to which screen it is on?

I have the traffic sign recognition and the speed alerts seem to be just a one-pixel wide flashing red rectangle around the speed sign. The red is also dark against a black background so it's not much use as an alert.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-09-2019, 05:16 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddebrunner View Post
I couldn't find such an option in my 2019 HSE (US). Any pointers as to which screen it is on?

I have the traffic sign recognition and the speed alerts seem to be just a one-pixel wide flashing red rectangle around the speed sign. The red is also dark against a black background so it's not much use as an alert.

I do not have the traffic sign recognition so you may not have this feature as well.

On the touch screen , touch the gear icon for general settings, select navigation and on my vehicle I select Speed Limit Warning. Put a check beside ANNOUNCE and then enter SPEED. I can then enter any number (probably there is a limit) .

If you go over the speed you have set the nice lady comes on and tells you that you are going to fast. I set mine for speeds over 12 KPH and when I drive to the US to warns me at 7MPH. It just warns you once so you can speed all day but resets when your speed drops. Bad thing is on hills ,unless you brake going down , you get warnings.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-01-2019, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Seems like the traffic sign recognition speed limit warning does not have voice alerts, or a message, just the red outline.

A LR page [1] says the following, indicating it is meant to be subtle!

The camera system also ‘reads’ global road signs* for speed limits, subtly notifying the driver on the instrument cluster if the speed limit is exceeded.

[1] I can't post links but it has the title FIVE DISCREET TECHNOLOGIES IN THE LAND ROVER DISCOVERY SPORT THAT ENHANCE CONVENIENCE AND COMFORT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page