LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-10-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Finally got dreaded B pillar clicking noise

Hello,
8400 miles on my 2017 HSE and temperatures above 90F. for the last week any time I am driving on country roads, I can hear dreaded B pillar noise. Sounds more or less like a vibrating plastic and comes from the upper mount of seat belt or might be behind it. Very annoying noise. Going for the 10000 miles service on September 1st, but going to call them tomorrow to see what dealer is going to say about it.
Very disappointed....
post #2 of 6 Old 07-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
sorry man.....mine also 2017 hse and about the same mileage.....knock on the wood
post #3 of 6 Old 07-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
If it sounds like vibrating plastic, it probably is vibrating plastic.

I had a noise in mine and listened to the doom sayers and thought is was a B pillar problem. Was plastic cover near the seat belt rubbing on other plastic, they removed the cover and reapplied it no more sound.

The original cause was oversized holes for some rivets and it was fixed long before your car was built.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-12-2018, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Have to agree with Bill. While I don't have the B-pillar issue, those that have had it describe it more as a "ticking" noise than plastic rubbing. I had a similar "ticking" noise initially on the passenger side, but found it was just the metal buckle from the seat belt hitting the pillar -easily resolved! Hopefully your noise is something similar - would be surprised it would take this long to show itself if it was the B-pillar (which I believe had been resolved with the 17's - though not 100% sure)

2016 Disco Sport HSE, Corris Grey/Black Pack, Driver Assist Plus, Vision Assist, Climate Comfort, Protection Pack, 3rd row 5+2, Gloss Black Roof Rails
post #5 of 6 Old 07-13-2018, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I am going to investigate it more over this weekend. I'll be so happy if it was only loose plastic cover or so
post #6 of 6 Old 03-09-2019, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Red face Dreaded noise

I have a 2015 Disco, and I had the dreaded noise for a long time. I took it in for service and had the mechanic drive with me before I dropped it off. He sat next to me and agreed that it sounded like a piece of loose plastic tube in the top of the rear door.

The next day he called me back and said it was a washer (or two) under the rear seat! It took a week (a week!) for the new washers to arrive and get my Disco back. I was somewhat certain that it was not going to get fixed, but ALAS it was!

The rattle is GONE.

Have your mechanic check for the washers under the seat. It seems that they have had a couple of other complaints (here in Leon, Mexico) and that was the problem. I don't know if this was specific to the model year, but it fixed mine.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page