post #1 of 52 Old 06-05-2017, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
JMH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry Auto Stop/Start not working

Hi

My 2017 HSE is only a few months old and now the auto start/stop does not work. The car is warm enough, not cold outside. No climate control or heated/cooled seats. No radio or Bluetooth is on and it wont work. Basically it should be working. Its definatley activated. Try switching on/off. It used to work all the time.

Any insite before I take it in to be looked at?
Thanks!
JMH
post #2 of 52 Old 06-10-2017, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the same issue, I bought the car at the end of December and it was working fine, even if the AC is on. Then when summer came it does not work again till today.
post #3 of 52 Old 06-11-2017, 01:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Yes same here - mine is a 2016 and after it received the new software patches, the auto stop/start does not kick in much.
I may see it happen about 10% of the time now.

Maybe it's because people last year were complaining it kicked in too much ?

I know I hated the early version where it shut down every time I stopped in bumper to bumper traffic.

Now it's nice not to have it be so intrusive.

I like it!

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 52 Old 07-24-2017, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
mine hasn't worked since I got the car-

had all the standard excuses given to me- my theory is that there is either the gateway module or some type of control module stays on when the car is turned off. This drains the battery sufficiently to inhibit the stop/start technology but not enough to warn you that you have low battery..

There are about 30 odd parameters that need to check before stop/start will work-

Problem is that when these dudes check your car at the dealer, they turn off all the mod cons, like auto lights, auto wipers, climate control, heated seats etc etc...then reset battery monitor system and surprisingly stop/start works. As soon as you drive out the dealer and put these systems back on- it fails...

at the end of the day stop/start maybe saves you $50 US a year on fuel- so not worth it in my opinion, however, its a principal, the car is installed with this technology and so it should work as designed..My wife's car has so much more tech than the Disco, never had an issue with stop/start not working with all the mod cons on...
post #5 of 52 Old 07-24-2017, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Same issue here. It does work occasionally, but nowhere near as often as when the car was new. We have a 2017 HSE that we got in November last year. We have not been to the dealer since, so no updates have been applied. The system has just decided to not work most of the time.
post #6 of 52 Old 07-24-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevebo View Post
..... theory is that there is either the gateway module or some type of control module stays on when the car is turned off. This drains the battery sufficiently to inhibit the stop/start technology but not enough to warn you that you have low battery..

Yes, this is the cause.
I just confirmed this with my service advisor when I mentioned my auto start-stop has been working too much...
My post on the second round of service campaigns:
https://www.discoverysport.net/forum/...happiness.html

Item number one is the culprit!

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 52 Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
yep- Im arguing with my dealer

they say:

1. gateway module operates ok
2. Battery charge system works Ok
3. all other control modules work ok
4. battery is not faulty

yet

battery is on low power so stop/start won't work.....

So, they can not explain to me why the battery has low power if all systems work properly.....so they conclude there are no issues, even though they admit stop/start isn't working.....

just sent my car back to the dealer- told them I don't want it back until they fix all acknowledged issues (I have plenty more)
post #8 of 52 Old 08-02-2017, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have exactly the same issue with HSE MY16 model. My service advisor said that all the tests come back fine and no faults and said maybe I used it too much in traffic from Monday to Friday city driving around town. Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of 'stop start' if I don't use it in traffic ?!? It really annoys the xrap and frustrates me so much that the function is not designed for city driving - if that's the case, I certainly wouldn't use it on the highway then why bother have stop start button and function?!?
post #9 of 52 Old 08-02-2017, 10:16 AM

^ yes why bother!

I'm tempted to just disconnect the auxillary battery to prevent the auto start stop from kicking in period!
Jsquared likes this.

post #10 of 52 Old 08-08-2017, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi all. New here, first post as my DS is currently in the service centre getting a couple of things looked at (lots of subjects for other posts). One of the issues I have is the stop/start doesn't activate nearly as much as it used to. When it was new, it was annoying how much it happened, then all of a sudden it stopped. I would say I can count on one hand the number of times it has kicked in over the last few months.

What's the general feedback? the stop start drains the battery, when it gets too low it doesn't kick in any more? is it the primary battery or i see someone mentioned an aux battery? (didn't know there were two!)

I had an interesting comment when I brought it up with the service adviser when dropping it off, she mentioned "oh that happens, might need to keep it overnight for a charge"

If it's that simple couldn't i just put it on a charger at home?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in