Burning smell/carbon monoxide poisoning - Page 2 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 04-06-2019, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cabin Fumes Exhaust Leak

Brisbane City Landrover are not the dealership I purchased my 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport from. I purchased to from BMG in Bundaberg. However my car is currently at Brisbane City Land Rover as they are the ones who have now diagnosed the exhaust leak into my air intake which came about after 10 months of me complaining about toxic fumes in the cabin and others not being able to find it. Aaron there has been able to diagnose it so their mechanics obviously are superior to others. So the service department at Brisbane I can recommend. However it stops there as the issue I have with the car is directly now with Jaguar Land Rover about a car that in all aspects is a major failure. I own a Landrover Discovery Sport 2017 which is now 17 mths old with a new engine replaced in Dec 18, 2 balance shaft replacements, numerous other replacements and an exhaust leak into the air intake for almost 12 months. Just diagnosed after in total being 5 months off the road on and off and yet no diagnosis until now. JLR fighting hard and showing next to no compassion. Think because they have repaired here there and everywhere under warranty they’ve done us a courtesy. They have supplied hire cars all under their warranty conditions. They have done what they have to only. No sorry we didn’t diagnose this early. My family and I including 2 babies under 3 and a pregnant daughter left with carbon monoxide elevated blood levels. I’ve had been hospitalised for a week with stroke symptons and have peripheral neuropathy which are all linked to carbon monoxide exposure. Our Gp backing it. We have no other products that could release carbon monoxide. We have been complaining of toxic fumes in cabin since May 18. Now due to repairs being carried out before we could get a carbon monoxide emissions test they are now saying we’ve fixed it (replaced leaking turbo) so take your car back. We have asked for old turbo to go back in for testing which they said they’ll do at their cost but now making unreasonable requests before testing that really will make any testing a waste of time. I’m **** angry and absolutely drained after almost 3 years straight dealing with a lemon car. What are the chances? I have to say that I thought Jeep were tough but they did do the right thing in the end albeit at a lesser value but JLR to date are showing a lack of compassion more than anything I expected. I truly hope they do the right thing but so far they are just wiping us with comments about doing the right thing as per their warranty in regard to component replacements. I am going to fully expose them and release all my private medical information while doing so if I do not get a full refund/ replacement and apology/compensation for all of this stressful experience. Sometimes you just have to expose these companies so the public are aware of where they may stand if they find themselves in a similar position to me.
post #12 of 12 Old 05-26-2019, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, all this sounds very similar to the issues I’ve had with my vehicle ( including the numerous repairs and replacements... new balance shafts, oil leaks, new dpf etc etc etc) it’s not a year old yet and has just 13000 miles.
Trying to reject it and have been trying to since the first time it went into the garage... it’s now with the Financial Ombudsman.
All of this extremely annoying, such an inconvenience in time, effort and money..... and then I got CO poisoning from the fumes in my vehicle. It goes from being annoying to bloody scary.
To cut a long story short, ended up in a&e with pneumonitis and on steroids... 3 weeks later I’m still suffering the effects. The hospital said I was lucky not to pass out at the wheel. The response from the garage.... there is no fault with the vehicle, this is despite the JLR recovery guy finding fuel all over the engine.
All reported to consumer protection too.
Just wondering if anyone else reading this hasn’t posted on here but has similar faults? The guy who said that it needs to be highlighted as an issue from a number of people is correct... please let me know if you have been affected too.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page