The B Pillar Rattle is real - Page 4 - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Took my 17 Disco Sport in for B-Pillar rattle on driver and passenger side.
Currently at a body shop where they'll be placing a few welds on the problem area.
Service tech said that LR is classifying it as a refinement issue. Happens during certain temperatures.
post #32 of 39 Old 05-22-2017, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
what does this rattle sound like?
post #33 of 39 Old 05-30-2017, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Picked up my 2017 just a few weeks ago and I have the rattle on the passenger side as well. Looks like non of us can escape this.

post #34 of 39 Old 06-01-2017, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsquared View Post
Picked up my 2017 just a few weeks ago and I have the rattle on the passenger side as well. Looks like non of us can escape this.

I had what I thought was the rattle on the passenger side, only to discover that it was the buckle for the passenger seat belt that got hung up in a certain position and rattled on the frame
Jsquared likes this.

2016 DS HSE, Corris Grey w/Black Pack, Climate Comfort Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Vision Assist, Audio Upgrade, 5+2 seating, Protection Pack, Black Roof Rails
post #35 of 39 Old 06-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGLarry View Post
I had what I thought was the rattle on the passenger side, only to discover that it was the buckle for the passenger seat belt that got hung up in a certain position and rattled on the frame
Hmmm ill check this out first haha. Good call
post #36 of 39 Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just to update this post as I have been dealing with this rattle on my Disco Sport for some time now. I recently solved this issue by simply removing the upper cover of the B pillar (plastic one where the seatbelt goes into). I then used a can of expanding foam insulation (Great Stuff expanding foam sealant} and inserted the hose into the center opening where the plastic piece clips in...I aimed the hose up towards the roof and put in about 3/4 of the can moving around aiming forward back and middle of the top of the pillar..I then saw the foam fill to the area where I inserted the hose as it expanded. Then I moved and put the remaining can in the center hole just below that upper hose and emptied the can into it. I applied duct tap over the holes as it was trying to push out as it expanded. I let it sit overnight and BOOM!!! No more noise! My Disco for the first time doesn't make a sound driving down my rough road.
urazen likes this.
post #37 of 39 Old 08-06-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike91t View Post
Just to update this post as I have been dealing with this rattle on my Disco Sport for some time now. I recently solved this issue by simply removing the upper cover of the B pillar (plastic one where the seatbelt goes into). I then used a can of expanding foam insulation (Great Stuff expanding foam sealant} and inserted the hose into the center opening where the plastic piece clips in...I aimed the hose up towards the roof and put in about 3/4 of the can moving around aiming forward back and middle of the top of the pillar..I then saw the foam fill to the area where I inserted the hose as it expanded. Then I moved and put the remaining can in the center hole just below that upper hose and emptied the can into it. I applied duct tap over the holes as it was trying to push out as it expanded. I let it sit overnight and BOOM!!! No more noise! My Disco for the first time doesn't make a sound driving down my rough road.
-------------------------

Hi - just picked up my DS SE today and am facing the door rattle on both sides. Not sure if I might get any joy out of the dealer as I bought on the LR approved used scheme with 2 years warranty.

Just a question for you regarding your foam fix, are there not airbags in that area? My vehicle has a plastic cover on each side just above the seat belt entry point with AIRBAG written on.

Surely squirting foam in would mess up the airbags? Or did I misunderstand?

Many thanks - advice appreciated.
post #38 of 39 Old 08-06-2019, 03:58 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
A member on the UK site fixed his rattle by inserting a paper receipt under the plastic cover. The first cars produced had a fastener smaller than the hole and the problem was remedied. But the problem has become an urban myth
post #39 of 39 Old 08-09-2019, 03:59 AM

Does anybody know how to remove the glossy black plastic trim on the outside of the front doors? The part which runs up the side of the window near the B pillar. If I press on mine from the outside there is clear movement and a ticking sound, I am pretty sure this is contributing to my problem, and I would like to remove it to investigate further and maybe add some padding underneath, but I can't see any way of removing it and don't want to force it without understanding how it fits on. Advice much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page