4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 01-06-2016, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Front Door Window Tint

Has anybody tinted the windows on the front doors? Curious to see how the different shades look. I would like to match the back windows, but I'm afraid that will be too dark to see out. Thanks for sharing.
post #2 of 16 Old 01-06-2016, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoShse View Post
Has anybody tinted the windows on the front doors? Curious to see how the different shades look. I would like to match the back windows, but I'm afraid that will be too dark to see out. Thanks for sharing.
I have. I have the black pack which has the privacy windows in the rear. to match that I would recommend a 15% tint as I went with 30% to be conservative and now regret that it's not dark enough. btw, tinting front windows are illegal but I'm sure you already know that.
post #3 of 16 Old 01-06-2016, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I just tinted my front two windows to match the rear privacy glass. The problem you're going to face is not the darkness of the tint to match the rear. That's the easy part. The problem is actually matching the tint color hue. The rear privacy glass has a slight brown hue to it...most if not all automotive tint has a slight green hue. When it's dark or you're just looking at the car, you most likely won't notice the difference. But when you're looking out from the inside is when you notice it the most. I was going to settle on keeping it but decided to remove it. If only the tint matched 100% in terms of color hue and darkness...that would be perfect. It looks so much better tinted IMO.

post #4 of 16 Old 01-06-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee0401 View Post
I just tinted my front two windows to match the rear privacy glass. The problem you're going to face is not the darkness of the tint to match the rear. That's the easy part. The problem is actually matching the tint color hue. The rear privacy glass has a slight brown hue to it...most if not all automotive tint has a slight green hue. When it's dark or you're just looking at the car, you most likely won't notice the difference. But when you're looking out from the inside is when you notice it the most. I was going to settle on keeping it but decided to remove it. If only the tint matched 100% in terms of color hue and darkness...that would be perfect. It looks so much better tinted IMO.

what shade % did you get? and did you get the ceramic stuff? that's what I got. i'm color blind so I can't tell the difference even if there is any haha. yes, the look is so much better tinted
post #5 of 16 Old 01-07-2016, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco808 View Post
what shade % did you get? and did you get the ceramic stuff? that's what I got. i'm color blind so I can't tell the difference even if there is any haha. yes, the look is so much better tinted
The installer told me it was comparable to 30% since the OEM clear window is slightly tinted (it's not completely clear). And I don't think it was ceramic either...i'm not sure.

So what colors can't you see since you're color blind? Tinted windows looks so much better...it is weird how it turns heads and get stares driving by some people. It's completely stock too. Haha.
post #6 of 16 Old 01-07-2016, 07:27 PM

I can see color but I just can't tell differences in certain colors. certain green, red, brown, blue, purple are very confusing to me.

yea the DS is special, I have only seen 3 of them since I bought mine in April 2015.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-08-2016, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Funny, in California, tinting the front windows is a no no but everyone does it anyways...

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 Old 01-10-2016, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the input, all. I'm looking at ceramic tint, just trying to decide between the 15% and 30%. Any chance you tinters can post a couple pics and note the %tint you have, please? Thanks again!
post #9 of 16 Old 01-10-2016, 11:39 AM

I have ceramic tint 30% on the front passages and 60% on the windshield. I wish I had done 15% and 30% to match the rear windows on my black pack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1452440092044.jpg
Views:	2002
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	1785   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1452440160053.jpg
Views:	1600
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1793   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1452440205368.jpg
Views:	5847
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1801  
bluebowtie67 likes this.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-10-2016, 03:03 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Garage
The dealership did ours to match the rear. Looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1833  
bluebowtie67 likes this.

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page