1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 11-29-2016, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ambient Lighting

Does anyone have pictures of this option I am thinking of doing some aftermarket lighting and want to see where the OEM lighting is placed. I have looked for images online and can not locate any. Thanks
post #2 of 17 Old 11-30-2016, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The easiest ambient lighting to do is add LED strips under the dash and under the from seats in the rear. Very min cost, less that 12.00. You can even get a RBG setup with a controller to change the colors.

Here is my little post: LED Wheel Well Lights

If you need further help just ask...

Many different color LED'S on the market...

You can also order colored LED bulbs to replace the door foot well lights.

2016 Discovery Sport Santorini Black Metallic, HSE Package, HUD and Park Assist Pack, Climate Control Pack, 18" Inch Black Design Pack, Audio Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Plus Pack, Protection Pack
post #3 of 17 Old 12-01-2016, 10:34 AM

If you look at this area in my picture this is where the white LED strip is on all four doors. It is my belief that the ambient lighting package is all ready installed when it came form the factory, what is missing is a controller and it being turned on by the dealer thru the car's computer. Its so faint...

2016 Discovery Sport Santorini Black Metallic, HSE Package, HUD and Park Assist Pack, Climate Control Pack, 18" Inch Black Design Pack, Audio Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Plus Pack, Protection Pack

post #4 of 17 Old 12-05-2016, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
mine is going in tomorrow for a myriad of things to be looked at.

I am trying the ambient lighting thing for the second time now- mine like yours is inconsistent, console is bright, boot is bright, door trims can hardly be seen..

they initially told me it was normal- I didn't accept that, I said surely the voltage can be dialled up, they said they didn't know how to do that....If they tell me it's normal I will ask for a refund on the option as it is not delivering what they advertised it would..

I will let you all know how it goes..
post #5 of 17 Old 12-06-2016, 11:35 AM

Yes mine is very faint also. I do believe that all changes to any car can be done with the cars computer. They just don't want to do it. Report back and let us know what you find out. Maybe the USA models are different.

I did see the ambient light package on a DS and even during the day it was noticeable, the had the RED turned on and it was bright.

So you did get the ambient lighting package?

post #6 of 17 Old 12-06-2016, 07:45 PM

Bluereef- I did get the ambient light package only because i liked how it looked in the video..

From day one:

Red was bright in centre console and boot- barely visible door trims
Blue and White as for the Red
Yellows/Orange barely noticeable

I agree with you, it should be adjustable via the onboard computer, they either don't want to do it or JAL have not told them how to do it..

They seem accepting of the problem today when i dropped the car off, they mentioned they had noticed it in other cars as well.

Im interested to see the what fixes they will adopt (I am still sceptical)

They did give me a range rover sport top spec as a loaner though!
post #7 of 17 Old 12-11-2016, 05:31 PM

So guys an update on the ambient lighting (Aussie market):

So after two days of workshop time on numerous issue the official line from my dealer is that they don't have a fix for the dulness and inconsistency in the ambient mood lighting. They compared my car with multiple other Disco's and found that the patterns of illumination were the same across the cars- They are not saying that is what I should accept and they note that the light is not consistent, but there is no fix from JAL and they do not know how to increase the voltage from the computer software

Personally a bit of a letdown!
post #8 of 17 Old 12-11-2016, 08:14 PM

Hmmmm...why is the Evo LED lights so bright???? Compared to other Disco's?, what about other LR??

Bummer....I would be furious!!

post #9 of 17 Old 12-15-2016, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I did end up doing the lighting here are some pics I did the foot wells and door pockets. Also under the rear seats. I got multi color but here is a pic of the red which is fantastic. YOu will also notice i did some dash kit and outlined the speakers. Car is looking sweet now. Some minor cosemtics that make all the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161215_145802.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	4561   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161215_145750.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	4569   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161215_145745.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	4577  
amy_alley1 likes this.
post #10 of 17 Old 12-15-2016, 06:05 PM

That look great, good job!! Where did you get the Land Rover light shadow??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page