LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How much cost for DS 2016 1st service

Hello,
What is the cost for the 1st service of DS 2016.
I have checked with couple of dealerships in the area and they want $600 + for 1st service which I feel think is very very high.
It includes, oil change,pollen filter change and regular fluid top off and multi point inspection....
Please suggest
post #2 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Yes the dealer will charge that much.

I took mine to an independent mechanic that did the same exact work with tire rotations for $110.
They charge the same rate no matter what car you have - Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc....

They even reset the service indicator so my InControl App no longer reminded me.

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ok cool, thanks for the response @4sallypat
I checked with another dealership little farther, they gave a quote of $330 , do you think that it is worth that much money, with I owning the vehicle not leasing

post #4 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
10 K checkup, Same thing simple oil change came to 210.00. The rest LR picked up. Don't know what the final cost would have been but the oil change OUCH!!

2016 Discovery Sport Santorini Black Metallic, HSE Package, HUD and Park Assist Pack, Climate Control Pack, 18" Inch Black Design Pack, Audio Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Plus Pack, Protection Pack
post #5 of 21 Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
For my first "service" I told my dealer that I only want an OIL CHANGE...forget the rest of the "service". It cost $150.00. I had a LR 10% coupon that came in the mail for the second "service" in which I told them to only change the oil. So it cost me $135.00. Which I think is not terrible for 10K intervals. You can get air filter and cabin filter from your local auto zone and change them yourself. My dealer does the inspection and fluid top offs for free. Discount Tires does rotations for free.
Id still rather have the dealership do all the essential fluid services. I want everything in the Land Rover database. With these cars I wouldnt risk it. FWIW, they do inspect your air filters on the multipoint so even if you change them yourself, they will report that they are good. As long as the dealership is trustworthy.

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!

Last edited by DiscoDisco; 03-21-2017 at 12:00 AM.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-21-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, I am planning to give to a dealership little far away and they would charge around $330 for 1st service which LR recommends. He offered 10% discount on that
These guys also had a service special for just oil change for $75, but the rep said that will not include the service indicator reset (So strange)
post #7 of 21 Old 03-21-2017, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akusbharat View Post
Thanks, I am planning to give to a dealership little far away and they would charge around $330 for 1st service which LR recommends. He offered 10% discount on that
These guys also had a service special for just oil change for $75, but the rep said that will not include the service indicator reset (So strange)
Very strange indeed - when the connect your car to their computer, the service indicator reset is done at the same time with a few keystrokes.

My mechanic has the same equipment as the dealers to when it comes in for an oil change, the service indicator is reset when they connect to the car......

I love mine as they specialize in foreign cars (mainly European) and their work equals the same a dealer but without a hefty price.
Sure might we worth your time to check out an independent mechanic....

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 Old 03-21-2017, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
600 seems really high. I think I paid around 350 for mine. Full service oil change plus all the other junk. High price, but imo it's a luxury car, I like my dealership and am willing to pay the premium

MY 2016 - Loaded HSE - Loire Blue w/ black pack (19s)
post #9 of 21 Old 03-22-2017, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I know this isn't really helpful, but here in Toronto my dealer will cover the cost of the first service. I suppose this isn't offered in the US, which is strange. Usually you guys get all the good offers and we're left forking out the cash!
Jsquared likes this.
post #10 of 21 Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
Very strange indeed - when the connect your car to their computer, the service indicator reset is done at the same time with a few keystrokes.

My mechanic has the same equipment as the dealers to when it comes in for an oil change, the service indicator is reset when they connect to the car......

I love mine as they specialize in foreign cars (mainly European) and their work equals the same a dealer but without a hefty price.
Sure might we worth your time to check out an independent mechanic....
Thanks, Can you give me your mechanic's info.
I am also in Socal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page