1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 02-14-2016, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gesture Tailgate- am I getting it?

Sound strange but my 2016.5 HSE Lux is being built week of Feb 21 and the dealer is not able to confirm if it's coming with Gesture Tailgate. Sounds like it was a new addition to 2016.5 but they are not sure? It's confusing that they do not know after all I ordered from a LR dealer not Walmart. Thoughts anyone?
Jsquared likes this.

2016.5 Discovery Sport HSE Luxury- Fuji white- Tan interior- 20" Rims
post #2 of 17 Old 02-14-2016, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
No, Power Gesture tailgate should replace Power Tailgate for model year 2017.
Mine was built dec 18 and while it is a MY2016.5 HSE lux, it doesn't have it.
post #3 of 17 Old 03-17-2016, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
My MY2016 also does not have the gesture tailgate, even though the manual states that it does. The dealer confirmed that it does not. But it also doesn't have the front passenger USB port that is in the manual.

Last edited by RJCA; 03-17-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Additional information

post #4 of 17 Old 12-19-2016, 11:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MY2017 HSE also doesn't have it. the LR website in Australia (I'm based in Aus) says that it's a standard feature, but when I took delivery a few weeks ago, I just couldn't get Gesture Tailgate to work. I rang the dealer and they said that the website showing it as a standard feature is a mistake. That's it - end of story, just 'a mistake' and apparently cannot be added as an after-market option. I'm just a tad disappointed, but I was also disappointed that I couldn't upgrade to in-Control Pro as that was supposedly also only a factory-fitted option and not an after-market option
post #5 of 17 Old 12-20-2016, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Apparently there were quite a few of us mislead (intentionally or otherwise) regarding the gesture tailgate - and disappointed that we don't have it

2016 Disco Sport HSE, Corris Grey/Black Pack, Driver Assist Plus, Vision Assist, Climate Comfort, Protection Pack, 3rd row 5+2, Gloss Black Roof Rails
post #6 of 17 Old 12-20-2016, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I took my car in to have a few things looked at and asked about gesture tailgate. No one could get it to work when i was there. When i picked up my car they said they got it to work with an awkward kicking motion but admitted it worked very sporadically. I still haven't been able to get it but they assure me it worked for them.
post #7 of 17 Old 01-27-2017, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornacane View Post
I took my car in to have a few things looked at and asked about gesture tailgate. No one could get it to work when i was there. When i picked up my car they said they got it to work with an awkward kicking motion but admitted it worked very sporadically. I still haven't been able to get it but they assure me it worked for them.
I've just taken delivery of my 2017 discovery sport , the gesture tailgate ( shake head lol ) it's taken me 5 days to master opening it with my foot and crawling under to see exactly where the sensor is.
To be honest I think I would just use the fob as it's very intermittent/ awkward plus you look a bit daft standing their waggling your foot at your car.
Apart from that no issues , apart fro the 20" rims and tyres , I live half way up a mountain and need AT tyres so will be changing them from the standard 245/45/20 to 275/45/20 as they do AT3 in that size
post #8 of 17 Old 01-27-2017, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
There are a ton of mistakes on the JLR Canadian website. We placed our order in November of 2016 for a 2017 HSE LUX and the gesture tailgate is showing as a standard option and our dealer was sure it would be on the vehicle. (Vehicle is being built in March for a May delivery)

We also wanted to add the dynamic pack to an HSE package and the website allowed for this. However, at the dealership when we were ordering, we were informed it was a website error and that in order to have the dynamic pack we would have to move up to the HSE LUX.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-27-2017, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Unfortunate to hear about the issues you guys are all having with both operation and wondering whether it's included at all. We have it on our 2017 HSE as part of the Convenience Package. I use it all the time. On rare occasions I need to do a second kick to get it to work, but most times I get right on the first kick. Took a bit of practice (looking foolish in the grocery store parking lot was part of it...!), but now it's become one of those features I couldn't live without.

J, did your dealer confirm you're getting it? It's pretty clear on the website that it should be standard on the Lux trim.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-06-2017, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
i dont think my 2017 HSE LUX has geasture tail gate, how would i check?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page