Bluetooth and USB Issues - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-25-2015, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bluetooth and USB Issues

Just purchased a Discovery Sport and I'm having issues playing music in Bluetooth and USB. Every time I try to connect it says loading and an icon spins but nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix? Dealer is at a loss.
Oxdawg is offline  
post #2 of 13 Old 08-26-2015, 06:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxdawg View Post
Just purchased a Discovery Sport and I'm having issues playing music in Bluetooth and USB. Every time I try to connect it says loading and an icon spins but nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix? Dealer is at a loss.
Sorry, haven't seen that problem. I wish I could help. My probably is the sound of BT music, whether streaming from Google Play Music or from my SD card. An iPod connected to USB works great. An iPhone seems to work fine with BT. However, my Galaxy S4 on BT sometimes sounds like the music slows down just a little bit to make the notes seem a bit flat, but then it picks back up and sounds OK. Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm going fast, slow, or stopped; it just happens sometimes. Anyway, let us know if you find a solution.
rcbjr2 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 08-29-2015, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well, we deleted all the phones one and then reloaded them. Bluetooth is now working. As for USB, I plugged my wife's in and then cranked the car. It now works. I will try mine tomorrow.
Oxdawg is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 10-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure if my issue is the same as rcbjr2's, but it sounds similar. I just purchased a 2016 Discovery Sport, and, whenever I stream music through Bluetooth, 2-3 times per song the musing stops and resumes about one second later. I have tried with an Android phone (Nexus 5, Android 5.1.1), and with an IPhone (6s), the behaviour was the same. I am calling the dealer on monday to see what they say.
Sergio is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 10-06-2015, 05:52 PM
Junior Member
 
aegeansoulja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have a 2016 HSE Lux and the quality of the streaming audio on Bluetooth is pretty bad off my iPhone 6+. Way worse than on my Prius! The sound quality is muffled and I have to turn it up really high to be "musically" audible and it sounds very flat. Not nearly the same quality as directly play through USB port. I'm using Spotify to stream and even at high quality stream settings, it's pretty bad.
aegeansoulja is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 10-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegeansoulja View Post
I have a 2016 HSE Lux and the quality of the streaming audio on Bluetooth is pretty bad off my iPhone 6+. Way worse than on my Prius! The sound quality is muffled and I have to turn it up really high to be "musically" audible and it sounds very flat. Not nearly the same quality as directly play through USB port. I'm using Spotify to stream and even at high quality stream settings, it's pretty bad.
Hmm, the dealer checked my Bluetooth issue with an iPhone 6 and couldn't find any issues. Connecting an iPod to the USB gives a much better sound. I've had the "muffled" sound issue as well where I've had to turn the sound way up to hear anything, although lately it seems to be working OK (I'm usually streaming Google Play rather than Spotify, although I have Spotify, too). I wish I could connect my Android phone directly in USB and have it play, but instead it just runs InControl Apps and while the app plays the music, it still is played over BT instead of directly thru the USB connection.
rcbjr2 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 10-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Junior Member
 
aegeansoulja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Well I did notice something today that the volume on the phone matters....alot. This is not the case with any other Bluetooth vehicle audio system I have had, but when I turned up the volume buttons on the phone, it got way clearer and louder in the audio speakers playing via bluetooth, so that was probably my issue. Still not as good as the usb connection, and overall for a "premium" sound system it just doesn't sound as good as I would expect. My 2010 Prius has a JBL system that sounds better. Go figure!
aegeansoulja is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegeansoulja View Post
Well I did notice something today that the volume on the phone matters....alot. This is not the case with any other Bluetooth vehicle audio system I have had, but when I turned up the volume buttons on the phone, it got way clearer and louder in the audio speakers playing via bluetooth, so that was probably my issue. Still not as good as the usb connection, and overall for a "premium" sound system it just doesn't sound as good as I would expect. My 2010 Prius has a JBL system that sounds better. Go figure!
I had to turn up the volume on my phone when I had my Audi Q5 as well. I use Tasker on my Galaxy S4 and when I connect to the BT in the DS Tasker jacks up my media volume automatically. I have it almost at the top. I still have to turn the volume on the car up a bit, but it's like 8 for BT versus 6 for the radio, so it's not too bad a jump (what happens is I forget to turn it down and when I get in the car and turn on the radio after having BT on the sound kills my ears! ;-) ).
rcbjr2 is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 11-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bluetooth Issues with Iphone 6+

Hi, I have a Discovery Sport which is about six months old. I have had no problems at all with my iphone 6+ connecting and making calls via Bluetooth until about 2 weeks ago when it started to act up. The dash board display states the phone is connecting but when the call is answered, I cannot hear the folks at the other end and vice versa. The phone will not swap back to handset only or to handset speaker. The call is definitely connected as people know who is calling them but they hear nothing. I have spoken to two dealers - one states it is an Apple phone update that has caused the error, and it cannot be rectified until Land Rover have written the required code. The other dealer thinks it is an unusual error and the call should be taken into the workshop. Ideas anyone ? I am tearing my hair out trying to make cell calls.
Stellie is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 11-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellie View Post
Hi, I have a Discovery Sport which is about six months old. I have had no problems at all with my iphone 6+ connecting and making calls via Bluetooth until about 2 weeks ago when it started to act up. The dash board display states the phone is connecting but when the call is answered, I cannot hear the folks at the other end and vice versa. The phone will not swap back to handset only or to handset speaker. The call is definitely connected as people know who is calling them but they hear nothing. I have spoken to two dealers - one states it is an Apple phone update that has caused the error, and it cannot be rectified until Land Rover have written the required code. The other dealer thinks it is an unusual error and the call should be taken into the workshop. Ideas anyone ? I am tearing my hair out trying to make cell calls.
I have a Galaxy S4 and have had similar problems, even in other cars. After I make one call, the next call will NOT connect. It looks like it's going thru, but I can't hear anything. So, I used an app called Tasker to cut off the BT connection as soon as one call has been completed and then re-connect. That seems to solve the problem. I had this same issue in my Audi Q5 so I tend to blame the phone at this point. Maybe Apple has an app that you can connect/disconnect to BT after a call? Or maybe do it manually just to see if works? if it does, then maybe it's the phone and not the car.
rcbjr2 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome