post #1 of 4 Old 12-07-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy 2016 Discovery sport Not starting

Hello Guys,
First post here.
All of a sudden 2 days back, this issue started happening.
1. my DS dint start when left for few mins in a parking lot, all lights and infotainment system came on including head lights, but car dint start.
thought it was battery discharge problem and called road side, the guy came by and said there was a loose connection and ask to start, to my surprise it started without jump start.
2. Next day on my way to work with Auto stop/start ON, stopped at a signal and car dint start again and this was scary and concerned as it stopped in middle of a busy road during office hours. After few tries, touching battery wires, it started again
3. Called dealership, the service rep thought it was battery discharge issue and asked to bring it over so it can fixed and delivered same day.
4. As i wanted to have the car same day, tried to go over, again it dint start this time too, did same thing like 2.

Now the car is with dealership from Monday afternoon, and even today they dint know what the actual issue was and car is still at the dealership.

They did not have any loaners available for Monday, as they said they would give me the same day, i was not worried. 2nd day morning dealer called to say, it hasnt fixed, please get a rental car from local enterprise location near to dealer, got a small compact car which was only covered by Land Rover.
3 rd day he called me saying, please take a loaner car today around 6pm, and we still dont know the issue or fix for it.

Has anyone faced such issues with your DS, had been a rough week and bad customer service of not knowing whats going on with their own make.
post #2 of 4 Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Sorry to hear about your non start / battery issue.

Give the dealer a bit of time.

If they have a tough case, they may need to ask for their regional master tech to pay a visit if they can't get the issue addressed over their internal service network.

Mine was in the shop for over 2 weeks. But when I got her back, the car was better than new - all clean inside and out and drives like beast....

As for loaners, yes it's tough not being in a Land Rover but what I found was given enough notice for an upcoming appointment, they will have a JLR loaner available. I did my appointment 2 weeks prior and when I came in, they had an Evoque for me to use. My dealer uses Enterprise rental onsite and they said most people don't know about arranging a loaner in advance of their visit. I also have a BMW 5 series and they are the same - given enough notice, they will arrange a BMW loaner in anticipation of my visit.

Yours unfortunately was more of an emergency so they probably did not have a JLR loaner available.
I would ask today to the service advisor or the dealership's BDM rep keep an eye out for a JLR loaner when one is returned back into the loaner pool.

The dealer is supposed to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction so be positive and let us know what happens.

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-20-2016, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had a similar problem back in March 2015. Couple of weeks previous satnav started playing up with several messages saying "insert card" when card was actually in place. Then suddenly wouldn't start. Fortunately I was on the drive at home so not a traffic problem. Called assist who came out & sorted within 10 mins. Apparently wiring loom chaffing on inside of dashboard & shorting to fuel pipe causing problems with management unit. Strange he found fault so quickly - must have known where to look. Issue subsequently addressed as part of a recall for fuel line chaffing & reportedly "fixed". Seems like it's another design fault with duck-tape the answer.

As an aside, car went in for AEB remedial work four weeks ago - still in & as yet no solution. Think I'm due a replacement!!

post #4 of 4 Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Got the car few weeks after turning in, and they said it was a electrical issue.
@GeriatricGeek .... After the fix, I also have similar issues on mine. Front tire PSI warning randomly, random hood is open false alert when on freeways .....
I am due for my 1st service, so will have this checked into...BTW, service cost is a bomb for LR ($650 for 1st service is a lot)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page