Accessing the "Vehicle Info" Menu and TPMS Changes - Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 01-06-2016, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Accessing the "Vehicle Info" Menu and TPMS Changes

Can anyone help me figure out how to access it? When the car is running and I select Menu, I can see "Vehicle Info" at the bottom of the menu list but it is grayed out and I cannot select it. The Owner's Manual states that "Vehicle Info" can only be selected before the car is started. How is this accomplished? If I turn the electronics on by pressing the Start button without applying the breaks, I still cannot seem to access this menu.

I want to access it so I can change the setting for the TPMS which somehow got switched to "Light Load." I am sick of seeing the warning when I start the car that the TPMS is set to Light Load and want to change it back to its default Normal setting.
post #2 of 20 Old 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
go into your car, press the ignition button once without stepping on the brake. all lights should illuminate but engine is still off. go into menu, now you should be able to access
post #3 of 20 Old 01-06-2016, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks - tried that before but did not work for some reason. Just tried again and could now access the menu. Thanks again!

post #4 of 20 Old 01-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just picked up a vehicle over the weekend I was curious about this too :P Thanks for that answer...
post #5 of 20 Old 01-11-2016, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Thanks - tried that before but did not work for some reason. Just tried again and could now access the menu. Thanks again!
Car has to be stationary to access the add'l menu. Maybe you were moving before? I don't think it matters if the engine is on or not. I've accessed the menu at a stoplight. You just can't be moving. Of course, it could be yet another software issue if you couldn't access it when stationary. ;-)
post #6 of 20 Old 01-11-2016, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbjr2 View Post
Car has to be stationary to access the add'l menu. Maybe you were moving before? I don't think it matters if the engine is on or not. I've accessed the menu at a stoplight. You just can't be moving. Of course, it could be yet another software issue if you couldn't access it when stationary. ;-)
Thanks for the tip. Was stationary with engine off the first time I unsuccessfully tried - I suspect another software glitch. Could just as likely be User Error though, as I have done my share of fumbling around trying to learn the ins and outs of this vehicle.
post #7 of 20 Old 01-12-2016, 09:04 AM

Tried this last night - Car stationary, foot off the brake, press start button. Every menu works
post #8 of 20 Old 03-07-2016, 10:01 AM
SFO

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I changed it to normal but every time I start the car i still get the warning (now with normal load) and still needs me to confirm. What gives?
post #9 of 20 Old 03-07-2016, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I asked the dealer about normal vs light load with no real educated response. When they had to re-program my GPS, they put it back to light load and I have just left it. Luckily I get no TPMS indicators.
post #10 of 20 Old 03-08-2016, 06:05 PM
LRD

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
From experience often it helps to call the manufacture and see what answer you can get out of them, most the front line employees at dealership don't know much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page