User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 06-19-2016, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
InControl Remote

Thought I would start a thread for the Remote App. I looked and did not see one. If there is one I apologize.

Anyone find a way to get it to refresh? It seems random and sometimes will have a location from a day ago and then refresh in 3 minutes. A swipe refresh command would be cool.

If you have InControl remote and nav in the vehicle is there any way to send a destination yo your navigation system or is that only for InControl Apps? (all confusing since they are all technically apps)

Is there a way to use InControl remote from a PC or only the android and iphone apps?

Anyone get the app to work on their Smartwatch as rumored through Jaguar's Remote app?
post #2 of 17 Old 06-30-2016, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
On my phone it does refresh whenever I open the app. I have an iphone, if that helps
post #3 of 17 Old 07-01-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks. The androids does not refresh on opening or even closing and opening fresh.

The app also has been made available for the Apple watch but not Android watches.

post #4 of 17 Old 07-17-2016, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I wish the InControl Remote desktop version was available. I spend more time on a desktop than I do on a phone. I like the route information, gas mileage, location, etc.. (even though the app crashes now and again).
post #5 of 17 Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
UPDATE:

The desktop version now exists--web based version! It does not exactly have the same controls/interface (or not yet at least) as the phone but it does provide the route information, gas, mileage, etc.

Simply login to your account and behold: https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-...wner-web/login
post #6 of 17 Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Awesome. It is a step in the right direction. Hope that means more to come. I am anxiously awaiting the android wear app to become active so I can use my watch to unlock or start my Disco.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-25-2016, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Agreed, DrJJC - the refresh on my Android phone is a bit spotty. Sometimes will refresh showing location and status, but not journeys or VIN/license plate. Weird. I guess I have up to date info. (or will refresh upon opening or shortly thereafter) about 75% of the time.
post #8 of 17 Old 10-28-2016, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I've just found that I can get the InControl Remote to update if, when at the home screen (shows Car name, status, etc.) I tap the Vehicle Locked and Alarmed tab. Takes you the Vehicle Security section, and when you back out the app has been updated (at least it's worked that way the last few times I tried it).
post #9 of 17 Old 10-30-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGLarry View Post
I've just found that I can get the InControl Remote to update if, when at the home screen (shows Car name, status, etc.) I tap the Vehicle Locked and Alarmed tab. Takes you the Vehicle Security section, and when you back out the app has been updated (at least it's worked that way the last few times I tried it).
Thanks. I too thought that was a fix, but have found it not to work consistently.
post #10 of 17 Old 11-04-2016, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
A new software update for the InControl System came out this week. I had the update done at the dealer yesterday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page